...but without the horribly tacky fret board.

Seriously, I love the way the guitar feels, plays, and sounds... But for $1000, I just can't get over that fugly fret board...

I don't have too many music places around here (There's a Guitar Center, but they don't really have a ton of variety) and would like to get other opinions. I'd like something with 24 frets, preferably jumbo, and a floyd system of some kind.

Any suggestions?
-Ben

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Agile Interceptor Pro 727
Ibanez Gio
Jasmine S35
Aria 12 String
BC Rich Mockingbird, maybe? I find those guitars incredibly ugly as a whole, so I'm not much help
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
The Synyster Gates Custom is basically just an emo-pimped out Avenger. So yeah, the Schecter Avenger posted above is as close as you'll get. Look for some used ones. I know they made other ones without active EMG's and had floyds on them a few years ago.
What about this? Anybody had good experiences with these?
-Ben

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Agile Interceptor Pro 727
Ibanez Gio
Jasmine S35
Aria 12 String
I wonder if it ever occurs to Schecter that their guitars might sell better without all the hideous inlays.
Quote by housty

/thread

Same guitar, regular Hellraiser finish, and fixed bridge.

I hate that Schecter doesn't have an FR version of this guitar. It's like, wtf...
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
/thread

Same guitar, regular Hellraiser finish, and fixed bridge.

I hate that Schecter doesn't have an FR version of this guitar. It's like, wtf...

I think they did last year and the year before.
i believe drumcityguitarland still has an Avenger with a floyd.

speackin of dcgl, they have prototypes of Blackjack ATX's in satin red.

EDit: http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/Schecter-DIAMOND-SERIES-Ltd-Edition-HELLRAISER-Avenger-FR-Gloss-White-2010-6-String-Electric-Guitar-P2698C450.aspx

i kinda like when i'm right.

EDIT 2x: http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/Schecter-2010-DIAMOND-SERIES-DCGL-Solo-8-See-Thru-Purple-8-String-Electric-Guitar-P3866C456.aspx

i really am digging the purple quilts. hope they run more guitars in this color.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Last edited by randomhero93 at Jul 26, 2010,
Anybody had experience with the Schecter Omen Extreme?

Ive got the 7 string version. Its a great guitar for the price, but the pickups do leave a little to be desired....
My Gear:
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
Quote by randomhero93

Very nice. I've never seen one with a Floyd. Then again, I don't really care about Schecters at all.

Anyway, that ^ is /thread.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Toxic Dover
Ohhh... I like...

your welcome. lol

i think the best part about DCGL is that for the Schecter prototypes they carry, which are only a few, like, 12, they keep them at standard Schecter prices. they don't boost the price just cause its a limited prototype. which is really nice. i'm actually thinking of getting one of those red satin Blackjack ATX prototypes now.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
your welcome. lol

i think the best part about DCGL is that for the Schecter prototypes they carry, which are only a few, like, 12, they keep them at standard Schecter prices. they don't boost the price just cause its a limited prototype. which is really nice. i'm actually thinking of getting one of those red satin Blackjack ATX prototypes now.

I think.... I think I love you.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I think.... I think I love you.

lol, why?
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
You show me pretty guitars.

oh? your welcome, i guess. lol
Quote by pedromiles101