Hi all,

So, I took an acoustic sojourn of a year or so, and now I want to get back into the world of electric guitar. It follows, then, that I would need an amp. Here are my conditions.

Budget- $600 max

Styles- Blues, blues rock, classic rock. Bands include The Rolling Stones, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton and The Who. As you can imagine, emphasis is on the clean to slightly overdriven side of the spectrum. I have pedals floating around for anything heavier.

I'd prefer a combo, as I'm taking it around to jam with a number of different people; this newfound opportunity for jamming is actually my motivation for getting back into electric guitar.

I'm located in the Triangle are of NC, for the record.
The JCA20 combo or head with a good used 2x12 cab would suit you perfectly man. They take pedals wonderfully as well.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
I'm in the same area, Good stuff mate!

Anda s far as your amp, Try the new Digital fender models. They've got the classic clapton-y clean sounds, some good crunch for the SRV stuff, as well as a multitude of built in effects to keep you entertained
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

I haven't heard much about Jet City yet, but some of their stuff looks pretty good. Have they had any big reliability flummoxes or anything? Also, I can't seem to find the combo around the internets. Have they been released yet?

Thanks for the start!
Quote by NickGiovanni
I'm in the same area, Good stuff mate!

Anda s far as your amp, Try the new Digital fender models. They've got the classic clapton-y clean sounds, some good crunch for the SRV stuff, as well as a multitude of built in effects to keep you entertained

lol, dont try the VM's they suck, just go with a nice fender blues deluxe
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
I tried the Night Train out at a guitar center not too long ago, and, while I did like it, it went well beyond my desired range in terms of gain on tap. I can't help but think there's something out there more directly aimed at my interests.

Also, Clash, the demos for the JCA20 are really impressive. Not quite as bright as a Fender, but still with that nice upper-midrange punch.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Jul 26, 2010,
well the night train was vox's try at making an amp with more gain on tap then they would usually make, and they succeeded very very well imo. But it still does jangly cleans like you would expect any vox amp to do.

you should also look at Traynor amps, especially the older ones
Mmmmmm. That Blues Jr. looks tasty; I'll have to be sending him an email. Tweedy goodness. The THD BiValve looked really interesting, but I have absolutely no experience with those amps. Any opinions?
Nobody suggested the Egnater Tweaker? Check it out, it's a phenomenal amp, especially when you mess around with tubes and stuff.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by ibz_bucket
Nobody suggested the Egnater Tweaker? Check it out, it's a phenomenal amp, especially when you mess around with tubes and stuff.

+1

I was going to suggest the Tweaker, but you beat me to it. For your styles of music, it should cover anything you throw at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdaXJ85Am9w
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Last edited by Jimmy_Page_Zep at Jul 26, 2010,