Me and a friend had a debate on this last night that I could swear lasted over an hour..... anyways, she just refuses to accept that I'm right.

Anyways, I kind of want to know what all of you think; what makes a person "deep"?
Memorizing lots of philosophical crap and being able to use them in the correct moment and in the correct context.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
That he knows alot of subjects and has interesting stuff to talk about.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I don't know, I make up a lot of pseudo philosophical stuff and people think I'm deep... except for the people who actually get it, they think I'm retarded
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
So you and your friends were having a mass-debate at school for over an hour?

If there were any girls involved...I can tell you that they're now deep.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by GezzyDiversion
waiting for dick related joke involving someone being "deep"
Actually, that's basically how the debate ended.... I didn't know anyone could experience such large amounts of pride and shame at the same time....
Quote by GezzyDiversion
waiting for dick related joke involving someone being "deep"

at least seven inches of vaginal depth is considered extraordinary.

But seriously. I'm not sure it's something that can be rigidly defined..
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Staring thoughtfully into the distance, in silence, pretending to think about some meaningful shit when really you're probably just contemplating whether scratching your balls in public will compromise your image of being deep.
If they're fat

Seriously though dont confuse deep with opinionated.
Last edited by So-Cal at Jul 26, 2010,
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
Advice that people dont understand fully so they must think it has a higher meaning.

kinda like why people think Donnie Darko is a good movie

Donnie Darko is a pretty good movie...once you realise it's no-where near as deep as everyone thinks.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Your mother was deep last night.

We dove quite deep into existential thinking over dinner.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by herby190
she just refuses to accept that I'm right.

You sound like a fun guy
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
Staring thoughtfully into the distance, in silence, pretending to think about some meaningful shit when really you're probably just contemplating whether scratching your balls in public will compromise your image of being deep.

This!
I'd imagine it's if they tend to look at things below surface level. Though using the word 'one' at the beginning of a sentence and not having tomato sauce stains on your face seems to help aswell.
Quote by aaciseric
I'd imagine it's if they tend to look at things below surface level. Though using the word 'one' at the beginning of a sentence and not having tomato sauce stains on your face seems to help aswell.

It might seem like that... but that's only to peasants who are unaware of what the tomato sauce stains represent.
Quote by So-Cal
If they're fat

So-Cal your sig is deep man, real deep.
I'm a musician/composer before I'm a guitar player.

foREVer

R.I.P Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan.
Means different things to different people.
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
If they cover a wide range of the Y axis.

On a more serious note, I think "depth" is a metaphorical term for a complex and therefore interesting character. A "deep" personality is something that requires exploration to fully comprehend and appreciate, which people find interesting. By contrast, a "shallow" person is arguably someone who becomes predictable shortly after meeting them.
Last edited by sashki at Jul 26, 2010,
Life is like a road man,while youre walking on it man you see other cars man,you should honk at them as a sign of love peace,honk,honk the horn of love man.

That's deep.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by Count Orlok
So-Cal your sig is deep man, real deep.

Damn straight
Other people make somebody deep.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Deep - not shallow.

Deep as you want.

Deeper

DEEPER!

DEEPER!!!!
STRIKING MINORS
Those people who sit in coffee shops with Macs and write novels are pretty deep.

And Donnie Darko was so unbelievably shit, I can't believe people are saying it was 'deep' and 'philosophical' instead of 'a huge steaming pile of shit'.
Quote by Matt_Malmsteen
Those people who sit in coffee shops with Macs and write novels are pretty deep.

And Donnie Darko was so unbelievably shit, I can't believe people are saying it was 'deep' and 'philosophical' instead of 'a huge steaming pile of shit'.
They're also the people who claim Fight Club is the greatest movie ever. You can't really avoid them. It's best just to pretend that they're not making any sounds.
kill all humans
I find getting high makes other people deep.

it's all bullshit really.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I think it's important to be objective and to see thing's from every point of view. A deep person is usually just stating something so obvious that everyone else has forgotten it.

amidoingitrite?

As far as ways of thinking goes, i would say this, even though really its not deep, just realistic.

Personality wise, i think it is someone who has quite alot of secrets, not neccesarily because they are secretive, but because they just have traits, characteristics, experiences that are surprising at surface level.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by jgbsmith
I find getting high makes other people deep.

it's all bullshit really.

Nar, it just makes you deeper.

Similar to getting a puddle.... then deepening it. Shit's still the same.. just.... deeper.
STRIKING MINORS
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmUKETITYq0
Looking stoic and pondering shizz
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.

This makes a person "deep".
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
To be deep is a funny thing to describe. It requires that you think about it look at it in different ways and then come to the conclusion that deep is not what you are but what other persons think you are. Funny right? If you are at the level where you discuss what is deep and what is not you are actually both right and both wrong because it's then, apparently, a subjective question.