Is a Peavy Vyper good for Megadeth and other Thrash Metal bands? A few others said it was pretty decent for Prog and such but what about Thrash?

My guitar is a Schecter Omen 6
The vypyr can do most things, as long as you don't expect to get tube hi-gain tones, it handles thrash well.
Quote by blue_strat
Do you have a budget?

Whereabouts are you located?

What amp do you have now?
I don't need help picking an amp, I have a lot of ideas, I just needed a question answered.

Just need to know if a Peavy Vyper is good for Thrash

But if you must know

My budget is basically around $400

California

I have a shitty Frontman 15g
Last edited by Ironic Maiden at Jul 26, 2010,
Quote by Ironic Maiden

You missed a post there skippy, don't be so hasty.
Quote by Ascendant
You missed a post there skippy, don't be so hasty.
Nah I saw it, thanks, just need some more opinions.
Quote by Ironic Maiden
Nah I saw it, thanks, just need some more opinions.

The only other answers you're going to get are either: Suggestions for other amps, more questions, or uneducated opinions. Not saying the vypyr is the end all of cheap amps, but yeah, go to a store and try it?
Quote by Ironic Maiden
I don't need help picking an amp, I have a lot of ideas, I just needed a question answered.

But if you must know

My budget is basically around $400

California

I have a shitty Frontman 15g

Is it for practice at home? If so, a pod x3 live can get you really high quality tones that exceed anything I can think of at that price.
Quote by nyandres
Is it for practice at home? If so, a pod x3 live can get you really high quality tones that exceed anything I can think of at that price.
Yeah just for home practice, but can the x3 do Prog Metal to Thrash to hard Rock?
Quote by Ironic Maiden
Yeah just for home practice, but can the x3 do Prog Metal to Thrash to hard Rock?

Keep in mind the X3 is not an amplifier, but instead an amp simulator and pedal with FX. And oh yes it can do metal of all sorts...
Porcupine tree uses the old XT which is inferior to the X3 im recommending. They record their guitar tones with the Pod XT and if you have heard their tones you will see why im recommending that over an amp. You can always play through headphones or plug them into a speaker. Using good headphones the sound you get is phenomenal. Very close to a nice tube amp, furthermore it will be usefull in the future if you decide to record or if you need FX.

Listen to porcupine trees distortions. Thats the sound of the pod xt. The X3 is even better in terms of having more options
Quote by nyandres
Keep in mind the X3 is not an amplifier, but instead an amp simulator and pedal with FX. And oh yes it can do metal of all sorts...
Porcupine tree uses the old XT which is inferior to the X3 im recommending. They record their guitar tones with the Pod XT and if you have heard their tones you will see why im recommending that over an amp. You can always play through headphones or plug them into a speaker. Using good headphones the sound you get is phenomenal. Very close to a nice tube amp, furthermore it will be usefull in the future if you decide to record or if you need FX.

Listen to porcupine trees distortions. Thats the sound of the pod xt. The X3 is even better in terms of having more options
I'll consider it, but I am still mainly looking for an amp.
Quote by Ironic Maiden
I'll consider it, but I am still mainly looking for an amp.

By the way you can get the XT pedal for about 300 or perhaps less used if you look.
Quote by Ironic Maiden
I don't need help picking an amp

Oh on the contrary young grasshopper, you need more help than you realize.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by CL/\SH
Oh on the contrary young grasshopper, you need more help than you realize.
Opinions, can't get much better for the money, give me oen around $400 to $650 dollars, I dare you
Quote by Ironic Maiden
Opinions, can't get much better for the money, give me oen around $400 to $650 dollars, I dare you

I thought the limit was $400. If $650 is a good budget then a bugera 333xl by all means. Its one of my favorite amps for high gain stuff. May be a bit too much for practice at home though. I have my amps at rehearsal space while at home its just amp simulation
Quote by nyandres
I thought the limit was $400. If $650 is a good budget then a bugera 333xl by all means. Its one of my favorite amps for high gain stuff. May be a bit too much for practice at home though. I have my amps at rehearsal space while at home its just amp simulation
I said in an earlier post that $650 is the absolute max, and I am not even sure if I can go that high.

But I'll try it, thanks

Is this the one?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Bugera-V55-55W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-502584-i1470776.gc

Because I can probably do that.

It doesn't have the same name but that is what came up when I searched.
Last edited by Ironic Maiden at Jul 26, 2010,