i was given an S/S/H ibanez about 8 years ago. well anyway the humbucker in the bridge and the single coil in the neck were swapped out... now my question for UG
the two middle poles stick out unevenly from the single coil. like further out of the pick up

i know this is a really $hitty example but i will use an asteriks(*) to show poles that are flush with the pick up cover. and a dash(-) for ones that stick up

-
-

is there any reason for this. if it is flawed is there anyway i can fix it. its not very asthetically pleasing.

thanks
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
The poles are supposed to do this, dont worry. Each of the strings vibrates differently, and some are louder than others (the G string in particular). To compensate this, some poles dont stick out as much so that when amplified, they are all the same volume.

Of course, this technique can also be used to modify the tone of the guitar also kind of like how an equaliser does
oh alrighty thanks
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
The arc of the poles helps to match the arch that the fingerboard and bridge gives to the strings, so the distance between the string and the pole top is the same. That's why some humbuckers have the screwtop pole pieces, so you can ballance the volume of one string to another, as well as adjusting the entire puckup's height up and down below the strings after the poles arc is set.