So I have a VOX Time Machine Delay pedal, a very good pedal by the way. But it kills batteries. So I decided to get an AC adapter for it, which wasn't working. I thought that the adapter was just broken until I tried another, and another, and another. I went and bought a universal AC adapter, NONE of it's plugs worked. The only adapter that at least got the "Not enough power" lights blinking on the pedal was the one that came with my Digitech Whammy. Does anyone know what kind of adapter I really need?
What does the manual say?
I'm a musician/composer before I'm a guitar player.

foREVer

R.I.P Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan.
Why don't you look at the pedal, or read the manual, and find the right adapter?

It needs to have the right plug, polarity, voltage, and max current. The voltage depends on the adapter, but the pedal will draw as much current as it needs, up to a certain maximum that the pedal can potentially provide.
You need a 9v DC power supply. It says in the manual on the 5th page.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
mine works fine with a dc brick, and when i was using batteries i found that it would chew batteries if either the input or wet output connected *contarary to the manual which states that the pedal only turns on with the input selected, not a major problem as you just disconnect both the in and out.

EDIT:- dc brick powering vox satriani pedals

i`ll be adding a ice9 to this shortly and that to will be powered by the dc brick

hope that gives you some insight and if you are buying power supplies the output voltage and current must be within spec of the pedal and the polarity must be th right way round +ve outside of the barrel
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jul 26, 2010,
i paid £85 plus delivery it powers 7 x 9v pedals and 3 x 18v pedals, yes it`s the same price as a pedal but absolutely worth it imo
Spam reported.

TS, you need a 9VDC negative tipped adapter. You're lucky your pedal held up after being fed AC and who knows what voltages.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
how is it spamming i`m recommending a solution, by telling him how i power the exact same pedals, if i said it was 85 pound and i got it from XXX that is spam
Quote by mmolteratx
Spam reported.

TS, you need a 9VDC negative tipped adapter. You're lucky your pedal held up after being fed AC and who knows what voltages.

Please point out the spam in this post?

He gave a detailed description on how to solve the problem with pictures and actually gave more info than the TS even asked for.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Last edited by srob7001 at Jul 27, 2010,
There was a spam post right before me. Because it was reported it was deleted. Try again.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Try again? Try what again? Catching a mod doing something wrong?

Too easy.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
What are you talking about? I did nothing wrong. I reported a spam post and it got deleted. End of story.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT