The Skinner
1 2%
The Trinity Killer- Arthur Mitchell
34 64%
Other
1 2%
Voters: 53.
Page 3 of 11
I really like the show, but I haven't watched most of it in chronological order. I've listened to the book-on-tape for the Ice Truck Killer story arc though.
I can't wait for season 5, even though the way they handled the ginormous spoiler at the very end of 4 really pissed me off. It was like an afterthought that beat me over the head with parallelism.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I haven't seen the television show, but I've read all of the novels. Very good, but quite disturbing. I'm excited for the new one to come out next month.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Friggin' love it. Seen all seasons so far and lookin' forward to the 5th. Though they'll be a delay with living in Australia and all.
Read one of the books and didn't enjoy it as much as I thought, possibly because Michael C. Hall is the bomb that sells dexter really well.
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
Just finished a 6 Episodes to finish the first season.

It was completely awesome, I haven't seen a TV show better then this.

Now to watch 2, 3, and 4. I don't have showtime so I guess I gotta wait a little longer:/
[possible spoilers]

Can't wait for season 5. Finished season 4 like...two weeks ago (I decided I'd wait for it to come on TV in the UK...I watched the first episode then megavideo'd the rest of them cos I really couldn't do it.).

But yeah, I ****in' love Dexter, though the TV series is much better than the Novels IMO. Though I still need to read 4+5, after I've finished the two books I need to read for my literature class I'll hit Dexter 4 up.
I just didn't like the kinda "supernatural" shit that happened in the third Dexter book at all. I also hate the "Asthor and Cody are like Dexter cos their Dad was a bit abusive". Having your mother cut up in front of you and having a junkie Dad who beats you are completely different. >
But saying that the end of season 4 having Harrison end up exactly like Dexter was a bit "*sigh*". I just hope there isn't like one day a spin-off or something where Dexter's teaching Harrison the "code"...that'd ruin it. =/

Anyway, I can't really pin my favourite season/villain. Season 3 is by far the weakest as it really did little for the plot except for the marriage/pregnancy and Miguel was a terrible character, with the Skinner being a piss-poor "villain".
Season 1 was very good, but when you look back and see the advancements in the seasons it seems a bit humble compared!
Season 2 enraged me cos of Lila, I hated her so much, I'm not one to shout at the TV or anything, but she made me shout. Pissed me off so much. But in that respect you could say it makes the season a success as it invoked such an emotion out of me.
Season 4 was very good, like the happenings involved in it, but, I'm not sure if there are new writers or something but there are some things that really irked me, for example, Batista and LaGuerta, the fact that Quinn is now a douche out of nowhere, the fact that ep1 focused on how hectic Dexter's life is and how he loses sleep and all that, then from ep2 he's perfectly fine being everywhere at once...except his job...I swear everytime he goes to work he's gone after being there for seconds.
And Rita. I always hated her but she's such a bitch in season 4 even moreso. It's like...Dexter does everything for the kid, then he gets complained at...

But yeah, the season 5 trailer has made me pretty excited, though, the previously stated Quinn being a douche now seems to be going further in it, we don't need a white Doakes!
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Batista and LaGuerta,
FKN THIS Felt SO forced.
the fact that Quinn is now a douche out of nowhere,

Nah, I always pegged Quinn as a douche except when it suits him to be nice.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I raged/almost cried at the end of season 4.

I don't know how you can hate Deb, sometimes she can be a little annoying but I typically find her to be pretty hilarious, and one of the most real characters in the show.

The whole Batista and Maria thing did feel kind of unnecessary, it really didn't seem to add anything, but it might play more into the next season.

Watching the trailer for Season 5 I literally facepalmed when Dexter said that one line...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
OMG i have only seen seasons 1 & 2 and the new season comes out next month. UGH im so behind

LOVE the show though

EDIT: is season 3 like a fail or something because everyone seems to be skipping over talking about it...do i need to watch it?
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Last edited by talia. at Aug 31, 2010,
I liked season 3 at first and at the end, but the main bit of it... Idk, Miguel Prado is just one of those characters that turns me off. Several others as well it seems.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse
FKN THIS Felt SO forced.

Definitely. The minute it happened I was like "...wat", I also like how they VERY briefly deal with the fact that at the end of season 3 he had a seemingly pretty serious relationship...

Quote by SteveHouse
Nah, I always pegged Quinn as a douche except when it suits him to be nice.

I pegged him as a douche, but not like he all of a sudden turned in S4, and what he looks like in the S5 trailer. He seems to be pointlessly suspicious and against Dexter.

Also on the whole Deb thing, I don't know how there's such hostility towards her character, I think she's a fine character. It's Rita who I can't stand everything about
****in' bitch ¬_¬
I just got through watching all four seasons in a span of like a week and a half. Awesome show. I don't get Showtime though.
I ****ing love Dexter. I don't get Showtime either so I have to download episodes via torrent.

Quote by Punk_Ninja

I pegged him as a douche, but not like he all of a sudden turned in S4, and what he looks like in the S5 trailer. He seems to be pointlessly suspicious and against Dexter.

It started with Dexter seeing him take money from a crime scene in season 4. IMO for the progression of events from there it is logical for Quinn to be suspicious.
Last edited by Shpongled at Sep 12, 2010,
oh man yes, fav show since season 1 am i ever.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
About to finish Season 3.

I dislike this one, Miguel Prado is just annoying and then he betrays Dexter and it's not a surprise at all. It's kind of like season 2 with Lilia (However you spell it) Except that character was so great and it played out so well, even though I HATED HER SO MUCH!!!!! Ugh... Anyway, I hear Season 4 is pretty great, so I look forward to it.

30 More minutes to go.
freakin' love the show! my friend got me into it in spring, and it's like my favorite show. about halfway through the 4th season. just gotta love the ending of the 1st season, greatest finale i've ever seen! i would have to say my favorite villain of those (even after poll is closed) is the trinity killer. i love how he has a family, is a volunteer, and a church-guy. really keeps people from believing hes a serial killer. seems like a great guy! (minus the slicing of the femoral arteries, pushing people to fall to their death, and the bludgeonings)...
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
GOT THIS SHIT DVR'D! =D i'll watch it when i get home tomorrow
UG Radio

Quote by ddrocksv3_4xpk
Thine Behold one rollin?
Quote by _T_H_R_I_C_E_
Lo, and the other lads be hating,
gallyvanting around,
attempting to catch me cycling in an unsavory fashion.

XBL: Panzyz

PSN: Dasan104
HERE BE SPOILERS - MAJOR ONES

Yeah, that episode left me feeling about as flat as Dexter actually. Which is kinda sad given the end. Definitely did not do it for me. I mean, I wasn't expecting the first episode post-Rita to be a winner since it seems like the writers were kinda forced into that decision, so they're writing out of a corner, but still.... man. "It was me?" What the fuck Dex? Which reminds me, the dialogue was a bit lacking this week, Quinn's acting was shite, and Deb has gotten even skinnier, which I hadn't thought was possible.

But, I'm optimistic for the rest of the season.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quinn's looking pretty thin himself. Also I can already tell this Deb and Quinn side-plot is going to annoy the shit out of me. Is there a prominent male character in the show that Deb ISN'T going to end up fucking? I guess I should have seen it coming.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Quinn's looking pretty thin himself. Also I can already tell this Deb and Quinn side-plot is going to annoy the shit out of me. Is there a prominent male character in the show that Deb ISN'T going to end up fucking? I guess I should have seen it coming.

Dexter?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Yeah but ironically she's doing that in real life.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Also, speaking of that, would anyone care to interpret that weird hug Dex gave her in his old apartment after he deleted all that stuff from his laptop? What was that about?
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I didn't see it yet cause I'm one of them "Australians" but I'll download it tonight.

It sounds like a disappointment though

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
My prediction?

Quin or someone will find out about Dexter (how original) and then that person will kill him, out of Pity because Dexter will ask for it.

Amirite?

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
I saw the first two seasons on netflix, then liked Dexter on facebook.

Next day the fanpage updated their status with, "Tell your reactions to Rita's death below".

I ****in liked Rita Way better than his annoying sister who can't act(who he is dating/married to in real life).
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Zombee

I ****in liked Rita Way better than his annoying sister who can't act(who he is dating/married to in real life).

You could effectively replace her with a funny-shaped mouth which repeatedly says 'fuck' and then accepts a cock.
Last edited by webbtje at Sep 28, 2010,
I'm pissed and sad

I never got to see the premiere for the new season. They said it was going to play sunday and it didnt! was watching from 5 till 2 am flicking through showcase, bravo and AMC and it never played!! it wasnt even on the guide!!! ahhhhH!!!!! why do they never play this show on my channels anymore!!!
Because it is and has always been on Showtime

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse
Because it is and has always been on Showtime

but when i first started watching dexter it was on showcase. then it just dissappeared. then it played on AMC for awhile (channel 59 over here) and then it stopped. and then ive been recently following it on bravo, and i saw the ads for the new season on bravo with the premiere night. and then nothing. its like it never existed.