The Skinner
1 2%
The Trinity Killer- Arthur Mitchell
34 64%
Other
1 2%
Voters: 53.
Page 4 of 11
I assume from the lack of posting nobody's keeping up with the new season? I'm not entirely up to date but I still think some of the new episodes were pretty intense.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
ive been watching it

ahh i hope they get rid of julia stiles at the end of the season
I've hit points in episodes where I've had to pause it and take a breather, then tentatively continue watching.

Mainly cos I haven't heard any status on a season 6, so I'm worried it could all end.

I also hope that the blonde lass dies...cos then if a new season comes about it won't be "Dexter" it'll be "Dexter and friends".
wow last nights episode was amazing.

and the preview for next weeks looks intense. cant wait
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
This season might beat out season 4 for me, depending on how the finale goes. Jordan Chase is a great villian, though.

Anyone else think Quinn is going to be arrested for Liddy's murder? There is a drop of blood on his shoe, and footprints and a bunch of stuff linking him to Liddy and the scene.

At first I wanted Lumen gone at the end of this season, but now I'm not so sure. She's better than Rita for Dexter in every conceivable way, and taking away his soulmate after so short a time just seems cruel.
Deborah reminds me of a sweary praying mantis.

Also, good to see the show has completely recovered from the shittery of series 3. Series 4 and 5 have been brilliant.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I also hope that the blonde lass dies...cos then if a new season comes about it won't be "Dexter" it'll be "Dexter and friends".

He had Rita for four seasons, dude.
Quote by iro-bot31
Anyone else think Quinn is going to be arrested for Liddy's murder? There is a drop of blood on his shoe, and footprints and a bunch of stuff linking him to Liddy and the scene.

Sounds like a solid theory to me.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I think Quinn's going to get blamed but at the end Dexters going to get him out of it, maybe push the blame to Jordan. Then for the the next season, Quinn's going to pretty much know about Dexter but unlike Doakes he won't try do anything about it because of Debra.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by GodofCheesecake
He had Rita for four seasons, dude.

Yeah but RIta wasn't

MAJOR SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO AREN'T TOO UP TO DATE WITH SEASON 5!

Killing with Dexter or anything. I'm annoyed enough with the books making the kids want to kill people, which just doesn't make a lot of sense...loads of abused kids are out there, however, not that many were soaking for three days in the blood of their mother whom they saw cut up, which is a different story.

But still. If Lumen goes into a sixth season it could get incredibly lame I think.
She's better for him and all, butt hat would surely add more tension if she was killed, which then would put a sixth season back into th swing of Dexter not killing with a buddy.

Spoilers are over now...
If anyone's interested, Michael C Hall is currently picking all the songs this radio station plays and explaining his choices up until the finale airs. You've got about another hour.

http://www.1019rxp.com/

So far I've head Andrew Bird, Queens of the Stone Age, Jack White, and Radiohead.

EDIT: Just kidding, it's over after this song.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Last edited by GodofCheesecake at Dec 12, 2010,
SPOILER - SEASON 4 FINALE

Just saw season 4 finale. Don't think I've ever been so upset to see the loss of a fictional character. Just shows how skilfully the program is made.. that you become so attached to Rita without really realising!

Was anybody else totally surprised by it?
Who else was really disappointed with the season 5 finale? It was going so good until the finale IMO.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Quote by ninnipinni93
Honestly season 5 was pretty lame.

Breaking Bad > Dexter.

I haven't even started Breaking Bad yet, but you're probably right.

All these rumours about Stiles and Hall (bloke who plays Dexter) having an affair make me laugh as the articles always cite the chemistry they had in the show... I guess meaning the affair was awkward and probably boring to watch.
I enjoyed season 5 but I'll admit it wasn't the strongest one. Still better than 3, although I wouldn't call any of them bad. I'm up to date on Breaking Bad and I like Dexter a lot more.

Just started reading Darkly Dreaming Dexter. There are a surprising amount of direct references to the novel in the show; more than I thought there would be, at least.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
For me, season 1 = season 4 > season 5 > season 2 > season 3.

I really enjoyed this season, but the whole wrap-up with Lumen was pretty disappointing and contrived. The same goes with

*SPOILER*

the scene where Deb walks in on Lumen and Dexter standing over Jordan's body. I mean, I can see her letting them go, but not even wanting to see them? I don't buy it.

*END SPOILER*

Another episode could have done a lot to making everything that happened more believable, but the ending as it stands just seemed rushed. Would have been great to see more about Emily's character. Also, what the hell happened with the other Fuentes brother?

Even so, Dexter is still one of, if not the best shows on TV right now. I can't wait to see what happens next year.

EDIT: Also, I read somewhere Michael C. Hall and his wife (who plays Deb) are getting divorced. I wonder if that means she might get killed off.
Last edited by iro-bot31 at Dec 20, 2010,
Season 5 is great, but finale was bleh. They settled on a damn near completely happy ending. The only sad thing was Lumen leaving, and frankly we all wanted that anyway. Question: Does Quin know about Dexter now? I think that's questionable.
Quote by iro-bot31
For me, season 4 > season 1 > season 5 > season 2 > season 3.

Fixed, in my opinion.
Is it just me, or does that teaser seem like it should be for season 5? I'm 99% positive that was Julia Stiles screaming at the end.
Awesome, though there was nothing in that trailer. But I still got excited with the line "hell breaks loose"

Oh and the first comment made me laugh
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
So stoked for the new season.

The last two were fantastic.
666 BRO
Quote by iro-bot31
Is it just me, or does that teaser seem like it should be for season 5? I'm 99% positive that was Julia Stiles screaming at the end.

I thought it sounded more like Deb.

Either way, I'm very pumped for this show to come back on. Just wish it was sooner
Holy shit, was I the ONLY ONE who thought Season 5 was great and liked Lumen's character?

I mean, 4 was probably better, 5 is still better than anything else you'll find on TV. And Lumen, it was the only time Dexter EVER opened up and showed emotions...

Oh well, now that I have to wait for Season 6 like everyone else, I've been intrigued by one of Micheal C. Hall's other works: Six Feet Under. Anyone else watch the show, or have any opinions?
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
show started going way downhill after Doakes was out of the picture, though i don't think that even the first two seasons hold up well in retrospect. Lithgow in S4 was neat, but that is just because i think that he is great.

haven't bothered with S5 yet. i'm in no rush though.
Quote by Epicbizzjizz
Oh well, now that I have to wait for Season 6 like everyone else, I've been intrigued by one of Micheal C. Hall's other works: Six Feet Under. Anyone else watch the show, or have any opinions?

leaps and bounds better than Dexter, despite a few patchy sections late in its run.
I just finished Season 4, shit my pants at the ending. I had the awful feeling that something bad was going to happen but wasn't expecting what did happen.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Season 4 was incredible, by far my favourite.

Season 5 wasn't horrible or anything, but it could have been a lot better. It was also pretty hard to follow season 4 up. That being said, I still watched every episode and will continue to do so for Season 6.
Last edited by Annihilator666 at Jun 25, 2011,
Re-watching Season 5 now that it's on FX in the UK.

And I'm remembering all the Lumen stuff...I really hated that character.

But I agree with the order of preference that I saw above with 1=4>5>2>3
Though 5 and 2 are a bit mixed for me, they both had female semi-love interests that I completely hated!

Quite excited for the new season.
I think Dexter is one of the few things which are better on screen than in their original written format. I could never really take to the books, they were alright early on, but even in the first couple the endings seemed rushed and bleh.

That's why it annoys me so much when my mum tries to compare the TV series and the books (after season 1 of course).

Just read about Hall and Carpenter getting divorced too. That's a shame...I also read he married and divorced a while ago too...he seems to have a track record.
^ The first two Dexter books are great. The next three are the equivalent of Jeff Lindsay shitting on manuscript pages and submitting them to his editor.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
The show generally doesn't make sense. I mean its way too

I still like it every now and then. But its been steadily going down hill in quality
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
I had forgotten the season start date and was sorely disappointed when it didn't start last week. =(