I liked the harmonized guitars quite a bit, especially when they first kick in near the beginning.

The bass line after that break near the middle is quite awesome as well. Also, you did a good job creating an atmosphere of urgency with the music. Good communication of ideas.

My one gripe is that it was over kind of soon, but I am grateful that you don't drag out certain parts even though they are strong enough to withstand being repeated a bar or two.
Mkay, I'll be honest. I don't like metalcore/this style. So bear with me. But I'll try to give a good, reasonable crit.

First lemme say, I really don't like the intro. It strikes me as a breakdown, and there's nothing in the song to break down, which defeats the purpose of... well, a breakdown. But then, I looked at it from another point of view. It's building into something. Ok, so that's fine. [that being said I still think the rhythm is incredibly contrived and forced, and overused. Dull...]

Now, the prechorus I enjoyed. It was a catchy riff. Not just standard pedal point. The chorus was catchy as hell too. The octave melody is great. [better than just a standard octave melody progression]

The bass break and that verse afterwards were really really good too. And then it goes back to the prechorus/chorus. [second time, the prechorus didn't have as much value to me. Needs some variation... I dunno.]

Then, the breakdown... Hate the rhythm. It's just... like everything else I've heard from the genre. But then the keyboards and such overtop of it make it acceptable. Even enjoyable. I like the sawtooth melody, and the strings and how everything mixed together...

And I like the solo over the chorus. It's catchy and fun whilst still keeping the frantic pacing/style.

My main crit honestly is that I wish the keys did more. Hell, I think it'd be great if they even just stayed in after the breakdown. Stayed in for that last chorus. It'd be really cool, and make it tie everything off/feel like the song went somewhere and climaxed, and ended.
My two cents. Everything else is just stylistic differences.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Last edited by Burning_Angel at Jul 26, 2010,
right from the start its very attack attack sounding which leads me to think MORE SYNTH, it would definatley pull it together more, but over all a very well rounded song
i absolutely love that riff, its so technical yet so refined and simple at the same time its a very nice balance and i think is the high point of the song
for the screaming parts i personally think it needs to be heavier, mabey more full chords and a more in your face drumbeat, it would just go over nicer
and finally, as much as i like it, the solo at the end seems a little choppy, im not one to speak for great written solos but it just seems awkward at some parts [bars 108-110 leave more to be hoped for] but over all its very well in what it should be and i think if this was real itd be on my ipod