2nd question of the day. I was wondering if anyone has had any experiecne using a POD XT or POD 3 with a power amp as a "head" setup for playing live. If so how well did it work for you?
Quote by 6o66y
2nd question of the day. I was wondering if anyone has had any experiecne using a POD XT or POD 3 with a power amp as a "head" setup for playing live. If so how well did it work for you?

I have no experience there but I am gonna tell you some scenarios why that is not soo great an idea based on some of the venues ive played at.

The people at the front close to the stage get the raw sound from the amps as in certain venues the PA system is so far out that it will not be correctly audible to anyone who is not further back. Soundwise it sounds awesome, but the physical problems in many venues make it a bad idea. The best thing is to use an amp, and on top mic it so you cover everybody listening to you.
Quote by 6o66y

I run a Vox Tonelab into a Carvin power amp, then to my 2x12 cab. I record, practice at home, and play gigs with the amp mic'd all the time. It works perfectly and it sounds way better than putting it in front of an actual amp.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
I run a Vox Tonelab into a Carvin power amp, then to my 2x12 cab. I record, practice at home, and play gigs with the amp mic'd all the time. It works perfectly and it sounds way better than putting it in front of an actual amp.

yeah i think this would work well. there are also amps specifically made for POD's and other such tone processing machines.

don't know what your price range is, but: http://fractalaudio.com/products-at-reactor.html
Thanks for the input guys! As always the people of UG have been helpful!
Lots of people do this and have excellent results.

I'm not sure what the second guy is trying to say.. I think its obvious if you have a line pod with a poweramp.. its going to go to a cab that is mic'd.

the problems he's describing otherwise would affect any type of amplification method you're using.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
yeah the mic thing threw me off..thanks for your reply! you guys are great!