Lately i've found myself interested in this field of work. How would one go about getting in that type of work? What type of degree would be beneficiary to have?
No clue. An electrical engineering degree wouldn't hurt. And you would probably have to do an apprenticeship. I really don't know. Just taking a guess there.

Why don't you go to your amp tech and ask him?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Last edited by itchy guitar at Jul 26, 2010,
Probably an electrical or mechanical degree would help. Getting into that work, you'd just have to know a shitload about how to fix and maintenence amps and know the right people. It's not who you are, it's who you know. Talk to people about working for them if you feel you're good enough to make that your job/career.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by PBSabre
Lately i've found myself interested in this field of work. How would one go about getting in that type of work? What type of degree would be beneficiary to have?

I would study electrical engineering and work on amps a lot (but I'm sure you're already doing that).
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I'd Imagine you'd have to get the skills to do the job first. Do some work for free where you live, gain some sort of reputation. Then try to get into steady work from there. But I could be totally wrong.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Electronic engineering and probably something with sound like acoustic engineering or something. But like Itchy said, jobs as specialized as that usually need apprenticeships.
Electronic Engineering and a lot of experience.
Some of the guys in our very own Gear Building and Customising forum build and repair amps and effects, but not all of them have a degree in it.

I suggest you start reading around the subject to understand the scientific principles, and also read about tube technology and analyse amplifier schematics. Once you can understand how they work and what every component does, you should try building one. That's what I'm doing at the moment (researching, not building)

http://www.diystompboxes.com/pedals/tubedummy.html
Last edited by sashki at Jul 26, 2010,