i will be going to college next year, and am good a math a science, so will most likely be studying engineering. i would like to study either civil or mechanical engineering, but since i got into music, electrical engineering looks like a good choice, as i could make my own amps/pedals. what does the Pit think?
You probably don't need a degree in electrical engineering to make guitar equipment, just tinkering should really be enough. As for what to choose, no one can really make that decision but you.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Use your strength, regardless of what it is.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
If that's what you want to do, then go for it. You just need to be content with your career choice. Don't pick something you're gonna hate to do everyday. If you're alright with electrical engineering, and you feel it may be the most beneficial, then I'd go for that. If you'd rather pursue civil engineering, then go for that.

Purely speculation for us, no one can really answer this but you.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Go to Ohio State. Our Engineering program is amazing.
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
I do electrical and electronic engineering, and I chose it for the same reasons. Sometimes I wish I had done Mechanical or Civil, since that seems to me "better" in some way or another, even though I think they're both more difficult. It's hard to decide.

I went with electronic because I had to write a personal statement with my application, and I couldn't have written anything convincing about mechanical or civil engineering. At least playing guitar gives me some sort of link to electrical.

If that makes any sense.
Quote by sg255
You probably don't need a degree in electrical engineering to make guitar equipment, just tinkering should really be enough. As for what to choose, no one can really make that decision but you.

This, TS. This.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by offspring_punk
Go to Ohio State. Our Engineering program is amazing.

oh god please no...

Go to Michigan...miles better

Electrical Engineering would definitely be your best bet for that kinda stuff...I actually slightly regret not going down that path, go for it man just be prepared for lots of math and physics.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
My two cents:
Major in what you're passionate about, in this case civil/mechanical engineering, and what you think you could do as a career. Take some electrical engineering classes on the side to learn what you want in electronics. If you like them, then switch over to EE as a major.

As hard as it might be to admit, guitar electronics might be a passing interest, so taking electrical engineering classes as electives would be ideal.
I'm going into electrical engineering I have always had an inclination to be a tinkerer with computers and the like but the Idea of making custom amps really did it for me. K-state's EE program is great anyways. Not to mention it is the highest paying (exept for petro) engineering job. I almost went chemical though.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier

Jackson DKMG

Hot Rodded Telecaster

"of course he`s egotistical we`re all egotistical if we weren`t we`d be bassists."

Alter Bridge Pearl Jam Foo Fighters 3 Doors Down
Quote by edbert
oh god please no...

Go to Michigan...miles better

**** MICHIGAN
Quote by Snuffles

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
First Ohio State sucks. Second Ann Arbor is a w hore.

On topic, whatever you choose will be tough. As an engineering student I can tell you with certainty that no one discipline is easy, some are a bit harder than others but they're all hard. Mechanical and Electrical are both great choices though.

And, if you can get in, Washington University in St. Louis is the place to be.
Last edited by saint22 at Jul 26, 2010,
Quote by saint22
First Ohio State sucks. Second Ann Arbor is a w hore.

The second part of your statement is true. The first part however couldn't be more wrong.
Quote by Snuffles

Quote by drop-dead666
Talk to an academic adviser? They're there for a reason. They'll give you all the resources you need to figure out what you'll do with your college career.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.