So what is your guys solution to transporting your music gear around

Page 1 of 2
basically what is your guys solution to travelling to gigs etc with all your gear, how do you carry a full drum kit, two guitar half stacks, a bass stack, and basses and guitars?

do you guys rent vans etc or do you have your own?

im debating about buying a toyota hilux so it would be liveable everyday and would save money instead of renting out vans (plus im not 21 which is minimum age to hire a car/van i think)
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Having no gear.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Pat_s1t
We make many trips in a small 2001 Ford Focus

That is my bands "gear van".

i have to do that in my fiat seicento sporting haha but its getting rather tiresome now hah
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
I dont play gigs so i wouldnt know, but I think a big estate car would probably do the trick.

Quote by Assnyne
Your a musician, just improvise and deal with the consequences later

Sigged
A convoy of SUVs.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Haha sweet Im sigged!
Anyways, I drive an El Camino so that helps great with my band getting around. I can hold at least half of all our gear put together, and the rest we just put in our singers truck
Quote by Assnyne
Your a musician, just improvise and deal with the consequences later

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Hard thing to do in a trans-am, but i fold down the back seat and lay everything flat in the back/trunk area. The only thing i can fit is my head, cab, and two guitars, though
Suzuki XL7. Load the crap in the back two rows, buckle my bass in the passenger seat. **** my bandmates, they can hail a cab.
If 4 more people tell me to go back to writing The Vanishing Point, I will.

UG's Commie Pinko Bedwetter
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Quote by PussyPunk182

I hope you dont trust a cartoon character on a cloud to carry expensive musical equipment.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Shit I have to carry with me every time I go somewhere music-related:

Bass
Mics
Pedals
Mic stands
Lotta cables
Sometimes a guitar
Sometimes a combo amp
Laptop and recording interfaces

How I do it:
Shove small stuff and laptop inside a suitcase, shove everything inside the trunk/backseat.
I have a car? I can fit all of my stuff into the back of my Subaru Outback pretty comfortably, although it does bounce around quite a bit.
Last edited by samick007 at Jul 26, 2010,
Pushing it off a large cliff is the best and most viable option for transportation.
I have to force myself to even set up my stuff in a different room.
B|-----------------MEEDLY
G|-----------------------------MOODLY
D|----------------------------------------------------------------------WEE
A|DUN-DUN-----------------------------------------DEEWOP
E|DUN-DUN-------------------------------DOON
I went solo and only play acoustic. THATS HOW!
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
im the only member of the band with a full driving license at the moment so they rely on my car, which is not big enough for 2 guitars and a bass nevermind drums and amps,

im liking the estate idea, but considering im 18 i can imagine me parking like shit in it
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner

+

Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

+

so im supposed to walk 20 miles with that??
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Large Jumbo Epi Acoustic... The case is HEAVY AS HELL. Went a mile to get to the train station, looked down, and noticed a trail of blood... I forgot my shoes. Remember when you're running from home to wear your shoes and either bring money or food, or else you're gonna have to go back...
Quote by L2112Lif
Large Jumbo Epi Acoustic... The case is HEAVY AS HELL. Went a mile to get to the train station, looked down, and noticed a trail of blood... I forgot my shoes. Remember when you're running from home to wear your shoes and either bring money or food, or else you're gonna have to go back...

surely you would notice having no shoes on....
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
man up and put them on your back..... Jesus didn't have a car... how do you think he spoke to thousands of people.... he didn't shout...
i'm Ginger its fun
Hardcase for teh geetar and a bit of brute strength for the amp haha. Or just get Mother Bear to ferry me around
Quote by Sparky-MMA
man up and put them on your back..... Jesus didn't have a car... how do you think he spoke to thousands of people.... he didn't shout...

Oh lord....
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by VVolverin3

Oh lord....

Jesus was well the first rockstar. he toured the country. had millions of fans, and he's still making a shed load of money...

gotta give the guy his dues.
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by Sparky-MMA
Jesus was well the first rockstar. he toured the country. had millions of fans, and he's still making a shed load of money...

gotta give the guy his dues.

Yeah but he's only famous for his single "Christianity" From his album "Son of god".
No one heard his other songs like "Wine", "Bread", "God"
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Yeah but he's only famous for his single "Christianity" From his album "Son of god".
No one heard his other songs like "Wine", "Bread", "God"

this is true. its shame, they're fantastic songs.
i'm Ginger its fun
my band carries everything on buses and trains. Takes up to three hours gettin someplaces when we've gotta take two amps an a drum kit as well as guitars an everything else. Then we get a hotel after the gig we get hammered in town, smash the hotel room, get fined and repeat the journey back hung over and depressed.
bands i'm in either use a van, truck or u-haul/van combo.

personally, i own this:

and have to carry this in it:

it's a bitch ...
#DTWD
We usually use my mom's minivan to carry our stuff to gigs, we all pay a small fee + gas money.

If we need to move a LOT of stuff, we'll hire a van/truck or something and we all chip in to pay.
Guitars:
Charvel So-Cal
Ibanez RG1527
ESP LTD Stephen Carpenter 607b
BC Rich Warlock Bronze
Page 1 of 2