I am organizing a free concert at a park currently, and everything is in place but one thing: What the hell do I call it? There will be 5 bands playing, all of which are indie alternative. It will be by/on a levee at a park called Riverside. Any creative suggestions?
evitanretla eidni

?

rock the levee.

river side **** hide /w bands.

jam at the dam.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Last edited by the_white_bunny at Jul 26, 2010,
Party in the Park?

The Levee Rocks? (as in the Led Zep track)

Not very good with that stuff I'm afraid (as I'm sure you can tell!).

It will come to you though! Have a good one!
The - Kids in pants to tight for thier balls to breathe music marathon 2010.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Oh, thank you Vypor! That was so helpful! Especially considering indie/alternative is synonymous with emo/scene! And look at that, you've even got me perpetuating stereotypes! Wish I were all kinds of brootalz metulz like you.

But seriously, thanks to the others. The gears are turning.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
Oh, thank you Vypor! That was so helpful! Especially considering indie/alternative is synonymous with emo/scene! And look at that, you've even got me perpetuating stereotypes! Wish I were all kinds of brootalz metulz like you.

But seriously, thanks to the others. The gears are turning.

first off indie kids, metal kids, and scene kids all dress like fags.

and like i said
Jam at the dam!
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
And like I said, not only is assuming you know how people dress due to their genre of music ignorant, being that concerned about how people dress is downright idiotic. Take your irrelevant opinions to the pit.

There's not a dam for miles... Lol
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
And like I said, not only is assuming you know how people dress due to their genre of music ignorant, being that concerned about how people dress is downright idiotic. Take your irrelevant opinions to the pit.

There's not a dam for miles... Lol

i didnt say kids that listen to indie music are fags, i said the kids that listen to it dress like fags.

scarfs, skinny jeans, and a hat is pretty gay
so is
slayer shirts torn black jeans and a long ponytail
so is
an atryu shirt, skinny jeans, and a scene hair cut

any Image some one uses to fit in with a group is gay.
the music>the way people dress that listen to said music.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by the_white_bunny

the music>the way people dress that listen to said music.

This. Point being made, I dress nothing like what you described. I just hate when people make such associations.
First of all, I was joking, I figured I'd get a couple laughs out of my post, I didnt want to offend the TS. Second of all, the white bunny has made whats called a "generalization" of people that listen to music that he doesn't like.

And using the words gay, and fag, to describe the way a group of fans that you have generalized, I find that to be sort of a homophobic defense mechanism.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by Vypor
First of all, I was joking, I figured I'd get a couple laughs out of my post, I didnt want to offend the TS. Second of all, the white bunny has made whats called a "generalization" of people that listen to music that he doesn't like.

And using the words gay, and fag, to describe the way a group of fans that you have generalized, I find that to be sort of a homophobic defense mechanism.

nah i dont have any homophobic defence, i know and have gay friends whom i call fag and gay all the time, i dont mean it in a homophobic, i mean it more in a joking way.
words are just words they are made up things that are used to discribe a thing person or place... thats all no more no less.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
So if you were using, say the word FAG to describe a person or a place, thing or idea (By the way, thats the definiton of a NOUN, not a WORD) and you said somthing like

Metal heads dress like FAGS

You would be generalizing people that listen to metal, and you would be saying they dressed like gay people, or cigarettes.

Now, most of the gay people I know either dress normal, or completely FLAMBOYANT. I think flamboyant would be a more appropriate word.
Although not technically a "band name", this thread needs to be closed, and I'll say go to the band name thread. Just ask for indie rock band and river or something.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud