So, some of you reading this may already know, but I've got a lot of different gear that I'm deciding on up in the air right now. I've got it, for the most part, narrowed down, but that could still change. One of those options is a Line 6 POD X3 Live which I like because of its recording possibilties and the fact that I do quite a bit of recording. I have one question however. My current amp is an old Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12. USA-Made, 130 Watts, Solid-State. If I were to hook that POD X3 up to it, which input would I use. It, of course, has the guitar inputs on the front. A high and a low gain input. Then it has:

POWER AMP INPUT "Use to connect line level signal to the power amplifier."
PREAMP OUT MIX 2 "The preamp output can be used to route the amplified signal to a mixing console, tape recorder, etc. Connect the preamp, output using a shielded cable, to an input of the tape recorder, mixer, outboard power amplifier, etc. This patch does not affect the operation of the amplifier."
NOTE: "When only the preamp out mix 2 jack is used, the mixed chorus
effect is present at this point. (Combination of dry and chorused
signals) When both preamp out jacks are engaged, only the chorused
signal appears at this point."
PREAMP OUT DRY 1 "The preamp output can be used to route the amplified signal to a mixing console, tape recorder, etc. Connect the preamp, output using a shielded cable, to an input of the tape recorder, mixer, outboard power amplifier, etc. This patch does not affect the operation of the amplifier."
NOTE: "The dry (un-chorused signal is always present at this point even
when both preamp out jacks are engaged. This jack should be used
for normal preamp out patching when the chorus effect is not
desired."

Extra info if needed. I have a budget of around $700-800 max (at least until Christmas or my birthday in about a month. But even then maybe a $100 or if I'm really lucky $200 max). And I don't care about new/used as long as it's in good working condition. Thanks!
If you'll be using any amp models on your POD, use the poweramp input on your amp since it will act as the preamp.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
If you'll be using any amp models on your POD, use the poweramp input on your amp since it will act as the preamp.

Yeah, I plan on using the POD for its tones. I just can't really get the tone I'm looking for with the Peavey most of the time.
Just thought I'd add that I want to use the POD for the amps and stuff. I don't want to just use it for effects.
google the "four cable method". i know next to nothing about MFX, but i was helping a friend out hooking his processor to his amp. i dont know if your pod has that capabilities though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
google the "four cable method". i know next to nothing about MFX, but i was helping a friend out hooking his processor to his amp. i dont know if your pod has that capabilities though.

Okay, I'll check it out. Thanks for taking the time to reply!
Quote by trashedlostfdup

Oh, but I don't have an effects loop. Just those inputs that I described up at the top there.