I have an old MXR 118 and it worked great! I left it untouched for a few months, and when I tried using it again the delay won't stay on the pitch. The first note sounds fine, but the delayed notes wobble all over the place. Is there a way to fix that?
:stickpoke thats pretty much it
Are there any trimpots inside? maybe try adjusting them and see if it makes a difference.

just make sure you take note of where they were originally placed and set them back there if it doesn't fix the problem.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Do you mean that the sound quality of the repeats decay over time?

Congratulations! You've got an analog delay!

PS: Mind explaining a bit more in detail..?
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Yeah sorry. I'm not sure how exactly do explain, it's not my forte. But I'll be playing a song with delay and I can't play because the decayed notes change notes. It's almost like the delayed notes are connected to a whammy and the delayed notes are being messed with using the whammy. But it's just a guitar to delay to amp. And sorry Jhachey22 I don't know what the trimpot is and I'm not confident enough in my electronic smarts to do that. I've put a guitar together, but that's just about it
Quote by mygibsonrocks
Yeah sorry. I'm not sure how exactly do explain, it's not my forte. But I'll be playing a song with delay and I can't play because the decayed notes change notes. It's almost like the delayed notes are connected to a whammy and the delayed notes are being messed with using the whammy. But it's just a guitar to delay to amp. And sorry Jhachey22 I don't know what the trimpot is and I'm not confident enough in my electronic smarts to do that. I've put a guitar together, but that's just about it

it's like a tiny knob built into the circuit board and can control such things that can be assigned to a regular potentiometer. judging from this picture, there might be four in the circuit, but i'm not wearing my glasses so i can't see them too good.. two near the top in the centre, one near the middle and one towards the lower lefthand side of the stomp swiich.

Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Jul 26, 2010,
Those look like variable caps. Wouldn't mess with em. It's very unlikely any calibration trim pots would suddenly drift. It sounds like you just don't want an analog delay.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Those look like variable caps. Wouldn't mess with em. It's very unlikely any calibration trim pots would suddenly drift. It sounds like you just don't want an analog delay.

No I love analog. Digital is no good for me