So, as I'm sure some of you are aware, many amplifier apps have come out for the iphone of late. All require some form of connecting cable, most of which have not been released yet; as a result, most of them are technically unusable.

Until recently!

The connector cable for one of these apps (the amplitube irig) finally arrived in the mail today. It has successfully connected with all three apps I currently have, and so I'll cover 'em!
---
Amplitube: This is the best of the ones I own. It sounds, to be blunt, amazing. I have yet to blast it through a speaker system or PA, but I think I may HAVE to. I am able to comfortably say this thing outclasses a Peavey Vypyr in tone, while being much more versatile. If I can figure out the methods for recording with the damn thing (which I believe it has on-board), I will record some tone samples for the readers here! ANyways, onto specifics.

I won't list the specs as far as amps and pedals; these can all be researched by going to the IK Multimedia site. Instead, I'll list the things one CAN'T deduce merely from a website or trailer video.

Tone is accurate in the trailers; if you have an ear for EQ'ing, it can be even better. It react decently to your guitar's volume/tone knobs as well as pick-up selection. The best compliment I can give here is that it shows the same subtle nuances as my main tube amp. In fact, it seems to show some even more. I'd argue that this may actually have a better reading on pick-attack than my Randall :O Shocking, I know.

I have not tested it with a bass yet, but I've listened to the guitar through some of the Bass-presets (almost all the presets are good, shockingly). The bass presets sound varied, even with a guitar. The guitar presets are all good sounding, including a... Decent default lead tone? WTF? It's very much a Vai-kind of tone... I'll need to test it with the Les Paul, as I feel it was designed with one in mind; it feels just barely a bit weak through the SG (which is before any personal EQ'ing is done; with a re-EQ, it sounded fantastic. I just think IK owns an LP :P).

Overall, for the full app+irig cable, you'll need to lay down 60$. A lot of money, until you realize the lowest peavey vypyr costs 100$. And this sound's better. And is more versatile. And can be carried in your damn PHONE. Yeah, amplitube wins :P

Amps and Cabs: This app was free. Therefore, I didn't expect much. Oddly, it sounds... Good. Not great, but very manageable. I enjoyed the tone. It's not very good with high gain, but the cleans-through-low gain were actually good. I accept this.

iShredLive: This one is a bit iffy. 2 dollars, I think, but you can buy pedals and additions for like two bucks a pop. I didn't get anything because I wanted to test it first, and didn't trust it would work like Amplitube. I didn't love the tones I got, and couldn't find ANYTHING high gain, but then again, maybe that's part of what I didn't buy =P

I am now eagerly awaiting Peavey's Ampkit, and will pick it up and review it (in more detail than this) when it comes onto the itunes store! My final notes:

-Amplitube = good deal
-Amps and Cabs = Free; no reason not to
-iShredLive = Not very good; not worth it.
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
no t00bs?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
no t00bs?

aw...
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
The application actually installs tubes on your iphone! Miniature EL34s that don't really exist!
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Gibson SG Classic
Quote by gitrdone92
Where can I order the connector cable from??

I got mine off musician's friend.
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Gibson SG Classic
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Pics or it's a USB cable

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com