my minds set on buying a strat. Im looking at a std american strat hss. but the mexican strat is so much cheaper. id prefer buying american but is there really that much difference between these guitars
As soon as i read the title, being a hispanic, i was just like "Oh hell no!" and felt violated, than i saw you were looking to buy a strat and i was like Ohhhhh ok lmao. The difference is like comparing an epiphone to a gibson, the american is gunna have nicer quality than the mexican.
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
Your title/question made me laugh. No input, but just that. Sorry. Good luck!
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
truth is not really. The real reason for the price difference is because Mexican laborers work for less money.

Cheaper the labor cheaper the item...Workers in American factory have to be paid at least that states minimum wage which is often more than workers in a foreign factory will work.
Quote by Axim Bassist
truth is not really. The real reason for the price difference is because Mexican laborers work for less money.

Cheaper the labor cheaper the item...Workers in American factory have to be paid at least that states minimum wage which is often more than workers in a foreign factory will work.

lulz naw this is not right what so ever.

American made Fenders have better wood, pickups, tuners, bridges, saddles, electronics, quality control, and others.

For the most part.

I have a MIM Strat, and its great, but MIA are much better than MIMs.

But bang for your buck, MIM.

EDIT: Also, to the other guy, if they were making the same guitars for half the price in Mexico, why would they make the ones in America and not just price the MIMs the same.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Last edited by diceksox1809 at Jul 26, 2010,
you can get the MIM where it is made in mexico by mexicans
or
MIA where it is made in the united states by mexicans

that being said, play all the strats you can find, and pick the best feeling and sounding guitar. doesn't really matter where it is made.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
really what it will come down to is which feels better in your hands. i had a mexican strat for a short while and it sounded terrific and for the most part felt very well put together. the frets were slightly too long for the fretboard and that was really the only design complaint. but it sounded cleaner than any other guitar ive owned.

just play as many different american and mexican models as you can, and buy the one that feels the best

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by diceksox1809
Also, to the other guy, if they were making the same guitars for half the price in Mexico, why would they make the ones in America and not just price the MIMs the same.

cause you'll sell more that way? and still make at least the same profit if not more since your selling more. and also i agree that it really comes down to what feels best so just get out and try some
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Epiphone Valve Junior combo
Wow,what happened to the power of equality? Anywhow I have had USA strats,MIJ and MIM and I prefer MIM ones,I like to switch pickups a lot and do mods so its more practical for me to buy MIM strats....I honestly can't tell a deference in sound....if I was a collector I'd buy USA strats but I'm not and I'm poor so I buy MIM lol
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think