Buying a first electric guitar, have only been learning guitar for about 3-4 weeks but im on an acoustic. Both of these look nice to me, however, im looking for quality, not shred speed. Im looking more for a thinner neck, desent action. If you have either of these, please post your feelings about owning one and why you think i should choose it.

No i can not pick one up and "feel" it out because im in a very small town and none within 150 miles for either guitar, only thing local is charvel and peavy...nty

ESP EC-1000 or the bc rich mockingbird x special , there both about 799.00
Well if you want thin neck I would say ibanez but really 3-4 weeks of playin and a 800 dollar guitar as your electric that's a lil crazy my first one was 20 buck haha. From what I've heard an ec1000 would be nicer than the mockingbird. I'm not a big fan of
bc rich. But back to the the point and ibanez rgr320ex would be great fpr anything and it plays great.
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
Well, ibanez rgr320ex research lists this @ about 600.00, the one i want or am looking at is only about 200.00 more.

I really dont like the way the ibanez body looks. I was going to spring for the gibson les paul studio swamp ash , however, ive decided to come down a bit. I have to want to pick this beast up everyday and i have to like the way it looks.

I guess its like a women. Sure i can just get this one or that one, but shes got to be pretty..at the least.

I do thank you for your reply
Get something like a Yamaha Pacifica, Fender Squier pack, or Starcaster pack. I wouldn't go out and learn on an expensive guitar at this point. (although I'd recommend the starcaster over the squier)

Although I wouldn't be the best person to ask since I learned playing one of my dads guitars, and it was pretty nice. (AND IT'S MINE NOW, HAR, HAR, HAR)
What style of music would you like to play?
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
try checking out rondomusic.com I know you have your sights set on those two guitars but I wouldnt suggest paying that much for a first electric and the rondomusic guitars are great and you can upgrade them as you get better since the only thing that truely matters on these guitars are the body and necks which are good quality.
Im not looking for any specific sound tbh. I am an ex vocalist from the 80's scene and more or less would just like to be able to play anything that comes to mind. I lsten to killswitch, clapton, pantera, tim mcgraw, daughtry, daath, alabama, mraz..etc..
Quote by Darkdevil725
try checking out rondomusic.com I know you have your sights set on those two guitars but I wouldnt suggest paying that much for a first electric and the rondomusic guitars are great and you can upgrade them as you get better since the only thing that truely matters on these guitars are the body and necks which are good quality.

ill take a peek, thanks for the replies guys
Quote by scripteaze
Well, ibanez rgr320ex research lists this @ about 600.00, the one i want or am looking at is only about 200.00 more.

Anyway... I'd just get something for Rondo for now. 3 weeks is barely any time at all. Just get something cheap first, until you can be positive that you want to play guitar.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92

Anyway... I'd just get something for Rondo for now. 3 weeks is barely any time at all. Just get something cheap first, until you can be positive that you want to play guitar.

This man speaks truth.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
buy a microphone and keep singing
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Quote by Offworld92

i have always wanted to play the guitar, just never really took that first step. Im really OCD about learning how to play. I do still sing, however, in the privacy of my own home and i would really like something to acompany my voice and possibly play out with in a few years. I am determined to learn this beast.

I did look at the rondo's offerings and speding 76.00 on an electric seems a little cheap. like i said, i am looking for some quality. ive youtubed ppl playing on some of these cheap less then 100.00 models and no matter how good these ppl were, it sounded like shit...anyways,

thanks for all the replies, i will figure it out, maybe ill check out craigslist and do some further searching. l8
check out rondo music they have some really cool guitars like agile which are only sold there