Page 1 of 3
title basically says it all. just looking for some games to play but my computers really shitty.
Starcraft
/thread
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Rollercoaster Tycoon. Diablo. Warcraft. Civilization.

See you in a few months.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Well damn, I came here to say 'inb4 starcraft' but I was beaten. TS, how old is the computer? Like what's the newest game you can play reasonably well? and check out canirunit.com. Just type in the name of a game that sounds fun and it'll see if you can.

I'd recommend the first 2 Thief games if you're into that sort of thing. You could also try emulators of SNES and GBA games and the like. Final Fantasy VI and the Metroid games are classics that everyone should play. Half-Life 2 is ****ing great, but I don't know if we're talking about 2000 old computer, 2005 old, or just new computer that's nowhere near top of the line.

Oh and post this in the gaming thread. I can't think of much, but I'm sure some other people there can. Granted it's kind of slow tonight, but whatever.
Last edited by cornmancer at Jul 26, 2010,
Commander Keen!
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Asteroids Retro, Audiosurf, and just get Steam because you can get all sorts of demos and such
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
wow that canirunit.com will make my life so much easyer.

and im trying to save up for a car so a new computers not the option. ive been wanting to try warcraft and starcraft though so ill have to try them
Oblivion
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Worms. Doesn't actually work on modern computers though. They've become so user-friendly, you can't use them.
Quote by izbbass
Oblivion

Which requires a pretty good computer.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
The original Half-Life. Do it.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Which requires a pretty good computer.

Really?

Oh well runs on mine

But then again mine is new
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Fallout
Fallout 2
Planescape: Torment

Also, NES, SNES and PSX emulators. Or MSX emulator for some old school Metal Gear.
Last edited by __Pent__ at Jul 26, 2010,
Ace Online. IT helps to have over 1gig of ram, but my computer is like 5 years old and it handles it pretty well i just had to upgrade my ram.

Its a fun game that is like Air combat based

You have 4 different set of "gears"

You have the B-gear which is like a fighter bomber thingy..terribly over powered but take some skill to use.

The I gear which is like a fighter jet. fast and strong but cant take a hit for anything. Pretty bad ass at higher levels.

The M gear takes a comparatively long time to level up but its freaking hard to kill at high levels...low population of this gear but it is easily the most desired gear by teams.

A gear is like a flying tank with high speed machine guns...pretty much point a shoot. gets lots of kills

the game is based on two nations at war. you pick your gear pick your side, level up and kill each other and complain why the other gears are over-powered
Quote by izbbass
Oblivion

If we're talking new computer that's not good by today's standards sure, but I doubt it. TS, Morrowind is much better if your computer is bad. Oblivion is cocaine in video game form, but a tad demanding.

Also, TS, and everyone else in this thread who owns a halfway decent computer, Xbox, or PS2, for the love of God get Psychonauts. You can thank me for your life being changed for the better later.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Civ 4 is awesome.

I've been playing a single game of Civ 4 for the past 5 days. With about 6 hours the first day and about 2 every day since. I'm still not even close to winning this game.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by pbiggie
Download a GBA emulator.

Or every emulator. My brother did that
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Half Life 2
Morrowind
Rome/Medieval/Shogun: Total War
The Sims
Diablo/Diablo II

Edit:

HOW COULD I FORGET

Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
Last edited by Ninja Vampirate at Jul 26, 2010,
Rise of nations, Star Wars Battlefront I or II, Halo, Star Wars Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, Knights of the Old Republic, Need for Speed Underground 2
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
PC version of GTA San Andreas + SA-MP multiplayer mod is pretty much all you'll ever need.
Diablo 2!
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by MG_Sora
I can't belive no one has mentioned Deus Ex.

Fuck yes, this game is kingly.

Also, KOTOR is pretty dated graphically, that may run nicely.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Killing Floor
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by Ghold125
TS, what are the specs of your computer?

This, I could give you a mountain of games if I knew what I was dealing with.

I hear X-Com UFO Defense is good, and it looks like an ass so I'll assume it's not too demanding of your processor
Quote by Arrived+Dparted
The original Half-Life. Do it.

This.

DO IT FAGGOT
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Right now I'm packin a gateway tablet laptop... Not too recent, I'm running Windows XP.

I was also wondering what I could get for a PC game thats half good.

Specs:
--- Intel Pentium M 1.0GHz Ultra Low Voltage Processor
--- 256MB PC2100 DDR Memory
--- 40GB 4,200rpm Hard Drive
--- 12.1" XGA Touch Screen LCD and Intel Extreme 2 Graphics with 64MB of Shared Memory
h'wat
I cannot fit into your skin.
Quote by devilskommander
Right now I'm packin a gateway tablet laptop... Not too recent, I'm running Windows XP.

I was also wondering what I could get for a PC game thats half good.

Specs:
--- Intel Pentium M 1.0GHz Ultra Low Voltage Processor
--- 256MB PC2100 DDR Memory
--- 40GB 4,200rpm Hard Drive
--- 12.1" XGA Touch Screen LCD and Intel Extreme 2 Graphics with 64MB of Shared Memory

Lemme think here. I used to have an XP laptop that wasn't too much better. Obviously all the great old RTS games like Starcraft, Warcraft, Age of Empires, and some others. I was barely able to do it, but I got it run Half-Life 2 and Portal. I was also able to squeeze out some Oblivion, but I had to set it way the hell down graphically. Emulators obviously. I imagine you'd probably be able to run Psychonauts on it, and for the love of god you should play that game. Maybe Prince Of Persia Sands of Time as well. I can't recommend much more from personal experience, but I can recommend others I hear are great. Pretty much all of Warren Spector's works (the first 2 Thief games, Deus Ex, System Shock 1 and 2 and I'm sure some others), Beyond Good & Evil, the PC ports of Final Fantasy 7 and Metal Gear Solid, um... like I said to TS, check out canirunit.com. Just type in the name of a game and it'll analyze your system and tell you if you can and how well.
Page 1 of 3