Page 1 of 2
Got plenty of money saved up. I am buying tommorow. I'm 20 years old. I was thinking about getting a Gibson Les Paul Standard, but I currently have an Epiphone Paul and I don't like the fret access on the lower frets. Pickups are low output. I also hear Gibson quality control is bad and you'd be hard pressed to get low action without buzz. Also, if I make my action low, the bends suck, because my fingers rub against the fretboard. ( need jumbo frets)

My favorite guitar player is Randy Rhoads, I want a lighter guitar, jumbo frets, amazing pickups (JB Jazz), Floyd Rose, and it is sexy as hell!

My question is, are USA Jackson's quality really as good as everyone says? Specifically the RR1? Here's RR1 pronz...also, I'll post pics of my RR1 when I get it tommorow for you guys

Last edited by XxHoosierdaddy at Jul 27, 2010,
I own a Dinky a Warrior and King V. You can take my word for when I say you will be satisfied with your purchase.
Damn, I'm jealous. Go for it, man. USA Jacksons are some of the best made guitars in my opinion. The paint is hard to chip, the OFR's really are better at staying in tune, the neck is like greased lightning, and everything just felt high quality in general.

On the other hand, the pickups sound just kinda okay for the guitars' price. They could improve on that.
I own a Dinky, I want a Rhoads. Love my DKMG, i want more jacksons.

edit: was gonna say I love playing my dinky, but that sounds dirty
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Last edited by Koshman32 at Jul 27, 2010,
Quote by RR3tran
Damn, I'm jealous. Go for it, man. USA Jacksons are some of the best made guitars in my opinion. The paint is hard to chip, the OFR's really are better at staying in tune, the neck is like greased lightning, and everything just felt high quality in general.

On the other hand, the pickups sound just kinda okay for the guitars' price. They could improve on that.

The JB Jazz? They are standard in a lot of guitars, very versatile and lots love them. Maybe it was the amp you played in? You gotta RR3?
The one thing I don't like 100% on the Rhoads, is the shark tooth inlays. Personally, I like the piranha tooth inlays better. But it wouldn't stop me from buying a guitar with shark teeth.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
They are brilliant...
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
You can NEVER go wrong with an usa made jackson, ive played rr1 and sl2h at my music store both of them feel brialliant
I would give up my first born for a USA Jackson

You will not regret it!
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by srob7001
I would give up my first born for a USA Jackson

You will not regret it!

man you're a bad father
Damn the RR1's are sexy.

But if your spending what £2000 on a guitar shouldnt you know if its a good quality or not ?

but anyway yeah they are good, and hope you enjoy the new guitar
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by archenemyfan
man you're a bad father

I don't have any kids man.....it was just a saying.

I would only give up my 1st born for a USA Jackson if it were a girl. I'll keep the boy. Gotta keep the name alive.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Don't like Jacksons.
I like their sound but I feel, they are not versatile for various kinds of music.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
top notch quality on every usa model i tried. i plan on getting a usa soloist eventually, and i thought it was a coincidence but my SLS3 should be arriving tomorrow(although its an import model it should still be bad ass) HAPPY EARLY JACKSON DAY !
Gear:
Jackson SL1 !
Jackson SLS3 w/ bk warpig
ibanez RGA 121 with D sonic and paf pro
peavey triple X with JJ 6L6s and celestion G12k-100
bad monkey
mxr 10 band eq
digitech hardwire dl8
paul gilbert's airplane flanger
Quote by NHECOS
Don't like Jacksons.
I like their sound but I feel, they are not versatile for various kinds of music.

Dinky 2 HSS is versatile as hell after a pickup change.
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
Quote by NHECOS
Don't like Jacksons.

I don't get this statement.

A guitar is as versatile as you are. It plays what you make it.

I play blues, rock, metal, pop, country on my RR24, and it only has 1 PU
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by Koshman32
The one thing I don't like 100% on the Rhoads, is the shark tooth inlays. Personally, I like the piranha tooth inlays better. But it wouldn't stop me from buying a guitar with shark teeth.

Shark tooth inlays are the Ibanez inlays, it's Shark Fin you're thinking of but anyway I have a Jackson DXMG (made in 2002 so first batch body made of alder instead of basswood blah blah blah) and I absolutely love it, still need to get used to the floyd though but yeah, I love Jacksons and enjoy your new guitar! ^_^
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm
just think......bc rich+nice ring=happy girl

no ring+gibson es-335= no bitch and an awesome guitar.
Man, those RR1 are so nice. USA Jacksons make me happy.

Go for it man!
TOTAL BRO
Yum yum yum. Jackson/Charvel 4 LYFE. Seriously, Jackson/Charvel, IMO, makes and made the best guitars on the market. Charvel 750xl anyone?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by srob7001
I don't get this statement.

A guitar is as versatile as you are. It plays what you make it.

I play blues, rock, metal, pop, country on my RR24, and it only has 1 PU

you have never played one but you are going to buy one tomorrow and are asking us if they are good?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
(Invalid img)

i dont get it...
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by r0ckth3d34n

Also, TS don't worry, you're getting one hell of a guitar.

And if you don't like the JB in the bridge you could always swap it out for a Custom 5, if you wanted more bite :P:
I have the RR5, amazing guitar, really well built too so i imagine the RR1 will be just as good if not even better.
Yeah i'm probably getting an RR1 Rhoads sometime too i have my little entry level Rhoads and the thing plays amazing at an entry level, I've played an RR1 at a local store and i loved it can't wait to get it cause it's going to be amazing
My equipment:
Jackson JS30RR FR (w/ SD AHB-1 in bridge)
Peavey Ultra 112
Digitech RP350
Dunlop KH95 Crybaby
Ibanez XPT700
ISP Decimator
really you should be more worried about not liking the shape when you sit down more than anything.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148
really you should be more worried about not liking the shape when you sit down more than anything.

As long as you have a chair without armrests i find it easy to play sitting down.
My equipment:
Jackson JS30RR FR (w/ SD AHB-1 in bridge)
Peavey Ultra 112
Digitech RP350
Dunlop KH95 Crybaby
Ibanez XPT700
ISP Decimator
Quote by Trickle7052
As long as you have a chair without armrests i find it easy to play sitting down.

as do i, but some people don't.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
I find it more comfortable to play my RR24 than any of the strat or super strat shapped guitars. Those put so much more stress on your shoulder if you don't sit in a classical manor.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by randomhero93
i dont get it...

He's saying that his guitar is extremely flexible with one EMG pickup, while someone else is saying that Jacksons aren't flexible for all music, so I called hax on him.... this really wasn't worth explaining.
I had real issues playing RR seated. Then I sold it. My back praises the decision every day. Even now it's facing the weight of a Les Paul.

Try the shape or you'll regret it. That's one expensive can opener.

Things to consider:

- Money / Value: do I need an expensive guitar or could I spend the money more broadly (upgrades on amp stuff, recording devices, anything else than guitar stuff?)

- Big decision: you'll live with it a long time and if you don't you'll lose money trying to swap to a better guitar. It's better to experience with A TON of models, when possible, before setting one's mind to something: "okay, this is guitar for life, I can pay 2k $ for it". Think about it. You'll rather be safe than sorry. Don't choose a model BY IDOLIZATION, your idols WILL change. Choose a model by what suits your style and needs.

- Modding: pickups can be swapped, hardware changes can turn a LP standard into a monster metal machine (heh!); don't think about such things when choosing a guitar.

- Non-modding: body shape can't be changed, neck can't be turned thinner, weight's hard to reduce, neck-diving hard to compensate. THESE are the things you want to think about.

And finally, there are more guitars than you can imagine. Think BROADLY where to shove that money; now you've got the freedom of choice. After the decision you'll have less so. At a good financial situation I think you should neglect a guitar with ANY feature you don't like. Go for the best and seek the best possible amount of information.

By the way, Gibson's quality control isn't poor. Depends on your quality standards though..
I own a Jackson ke3 kelly and I don't think any guitar can compete with jackson. The strings are super low without any fret buzz and you won't regret getting a high end Jackson. I couldn't believe that I was actually an owner of a Jackson guitar; I felt like i was in some elite group!
Last edited by Judas89 at Jul 28, 2010,
I own a $200 js1 and a $500 kvx10 and they're both good quality. of course the js1 feels cheap but yeah. The KVX10 the quality is great it just feels so solid yet its soo lightweight and the Jackson Fr are good quality.
You Sir are making a perfect decision. im jealous
Zune Tag: Metal4life 1976
PlayStation Network: Koltzow

Quote by Bearded_Seth
At least you know you're attractive..

Quote by TheAbsentOne
I'd smack his ass too.
Quote by Judas89
I own a Jackson ke3 kelly and I don't think any guitar can compete with jackson.

yeah dudezzzz custommm suhrs and andersons are nthin compared to jackzonzzzz..yeah man!!!!!!!you rock
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jul 28, 2010,
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
He's saying that his guitar is extremely flexible with one EMG pickup, while someone else is saying that Jacksons aren't flexible for all music, so I called hax on him.... this really wasn't worth explaining.

oh? ok? i'm not really that good with internet terms. I can get by with what i know, but, thats it. lol
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Best bang for your buck imo. I love Jackson Im selling my 7 string to get another Jackson I had a RR24 nicest guitar I have ever played
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Had RR24 and you got rid of it?

As Tonya on Everybody Hates Chris would say.."Boy, you so crazy."
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
I'm trying to decide what Jackson to get. RR5 FR, Demmeltion king v or RR24 or weither to buy a LTD M1000. So many great guitars everywhere!
RR24 will exceed all your expectations in a guitar. It did for me anyways
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Page 1 of 2