So ive changed the tone one more time

What do you guys think?
http://sharing.andresgallo.com/Tone/

i want some feedback. My tone used to be a lot heavier, but I went for something lighter and smoother this time

Its a live recorder with the built in mics of the boss br600, but much of the character of it can be heard
Last edited by nyandres at Jul 27, 2010,
You might have better luck in the Tone Testing Thread.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
The guitar could have been louder, but I think it sounds fairly good.

I would personally throw in some more mids, but I'm a mids *****
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Yeah not bad what kind of amp are you using? The guitar needs to come forward in the mix a touch

Bugera 333xl. I need to get a new cab though. im using stock b52 speakers
Tried it in a marshall cab and have been anxious to get a new cab since
Quote by nyandres
Bugera 333xl. I need to get a new cab though. im using stock b52 speakers
Tried it in a marshall cab and have been anxious to get a new cab since

Cool i'm a bit of a fan of the 333XL sounds like it'd be good for RHCP kinda stuff
Quote by CL/\SH
The guitar could have been louder, but I think it sounds fairly good.

I would personally throw in some more mids, but I'm a mids *****

I have the mids at about 2 oclock.
i can barely hear the guitar. is in nice to judge with the parity of a mix, but not when you are competing against the symbols.

could be good tone...
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by nyandres
I have the mids at about 2 oclock.

Well where's everything else at?

My ears might just be over compensating, they always do.

Seriously, I love mids like I love my dog. They add a lot of life to the tone in a rig.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by CL/\SH
Well where's everything else at?

My ears might just be over compensating, they always do.

Seriously, I love mids like I love my dog. They add a lot of life to the tone in a rig.

The treble is at about 1am, and the bass at 12 am.

I left it nearly flat. I used to have a scooped sound, and then a tone with like twice as much gain and the mids like at 3 oclock hehe. I had second guitarist then,however but ill try raising the mids tomorrow a bit. I can rerecord the guitar a bit louder.

All feedback is welcome, and thanks to all who have given their feedback
Quote by nyandres
The treble is at about 1am, and the bass at 12 am.

I left it nearly flat. I used to have a scooped sound, and then a tone with like twice as much gain and the mids like at 3 oclock hehe. I had second guitarist then,however but ill try raising the mids tomorrow a bit. I can rerecord the guitar a bit louder.

All feedback is welcome, and thanks to all who have given their feedback

sounds like you really want some help. but i am serious about the mix, if they recording doesn't really reflect how your tone sits in the mix, then it is hard to critic.

for example, the earlier part of the song, you have some distortion on; you do some leads with a few chords, but all you can really 'hear' the tonality of is the leads, the chords just run together. i don't know if this is because the drums are cutting into that frequency and dominating the guitars too much in the mix, or if guitar tone is running getting to 'busy' with more complex chord shapes.

most of the recording sounded 'tinny' as well, i don't know if that is speaker selection, EQ, or mic placement.

if you really want a honest idea of the quality you need for advice then check something like 'maggot brains' or 'black napkins' on my profile. those clips you can actually hear how the guitar sits in the mix.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
sounds like you really want some help. but i am serious about the mix, if they recording doesn't really reflect how your tone sits in the mix, then it is hard to critic.

for example, the earlier part of the song, you have some distortion on; you do some leads with a few chords, but all you can really 'hear' the tonality of is the leads, the chords just run together. i don't know if this is because the drums are cutting into that frequency and dominating the guitars too much in the mix, or if guitar tone is running getting to 'busy' with more complex chord shapes.

most of the recording sounded 'tinny' as well, i don't know if that is speaker selection, EQ, or mic placement.

if you really want a honest idea of the quality you need for advice then check something like 'maggot brains' or 'black napkins' on my profile. those clips you can actually hear how the guitar sits in the mix.

Its a rehearsal recording, recorded with the built in speakers of the BR600. The recordings tend to come out darker than the actual tone, but I will record the guitar louder tomorrow. I wish I had the equipment to mic the drums and the guitar cab into tracks. It would show the sound much better.

Im very happy with the sound I have now, but I always look for ways to improve it.
I think the bass frequencies are too high, and what's the panning effect going on? Of course it would sound much better in real life or mic'd with a good instrument mic but it sounds to me like you need to roll back the bass and up the mids slightly. What are your settings?
Quote by AxSilentxLine
I think the bass frequencies are too high, and what's the panning effect going on? Of course it would sound much better in real life or mic'd with a good instrument mic but it sounds to me like you need to roll back the bass and up the mids slightly. What are your settings?

Is the bass too much on the clean or distortion...
or both

My settings are (based on oClock)
Treble at 1
Mids at 2
Bass at 1.5

Presence at 2

I am using b52 speakers in a b52 cab by the way
Saving for a port city wave with v30s
Last edited by nyandres at Jul 28, 2010,
I didn't listen to the cleans lol but I know they are good. I would try 2.5/2/12 for the EQ and then adjust the prescence for the mid high fine tuning. A better cab would definitely help
Quote by Ignite
Besides the weird phasing going on, I really like that distorted tone. Didn't know the 333 could sound like that. If you double tracked that, it'd sound killer.

Its extremely versatile, I am gonna try what AxSilentxLine suggested. Hopefully it will sound even better. It has so much gain it is insane, this is pretty low compared to my old tone.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
reported, this type of thread is`nt allowed

It isn't? I just skimmed through the rules and didn't see anything regarding this type of thread. I mean, I know there's already a tone testing thread, and these kind of threads are generally looked down upon, but don't just make up rules.
It could just be mic placement, but it sounds like you need a little more presence/treble