I made this thread some days ago in the riff and recording thread about line 6 ux2 tones : https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1342301

Looking at it, I obviously need some equipment that would give me a good lead guitar tone. (I'm looking for this kind of tone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghl7M83Bx9I ) and I don't seem to get near my goal with this line 6 ux2. I could buy the metal shop pack, but I don't want to risk my money only to get nothing good...

The advice I need is if I should get a refund on that (or if it's not possible since it's a software... maybe sell it to someone) and use it to get a good guitar with good pickups and in the future good amps (I say in the future since I live in an apartmentt and that won't be possible for now... I can only use a little shitty amp), or keep the ux2 and get a good guitar with good pickups and stuff... What's your opinion?

My guitar for the moment is an ibanez sz520qm with a stock custom seymour duncan on neck and seymour duncan JB on bridge. I think this guitar is great overall, but I don't think that it suits the spot of an instrumental guitar, same thing for the pickups. Oh, and the only amp I have at the moment is a shitty roland cube 20x since I live in an apt, that's also the reason I got the ux2 too.

Notes: Does anyone knows if I can get a refund on this type of equipment (the line 6 ux2)?
Last edited by kevC4 at Jul 27, 2010,
I'm sorry for bumping this, but I need some answers soon since I'm going to the guitar shop today...

Thanks in advance
I see no reason why you can't get that tone with Pod Farm and the Ibanez. Maybe the speakers you're playing it through are the problem.
Quote by fly135
I see no reason why you can't get that tone with Pod Farm and the Ibanez. Maybe the speakers you're playing it through are the problem.

I have studio headphones for recording purposes...

Maybe it's my pickups too. The bridge one seems to sound way too harsh and not clear enough, and the bridge one is a stock one. Custom, but still stock...

But anyways, at the first place, using digital tones isn't a good idea for instrumental stuff...
Last edited by kevC4 at Jul 27, 2010,