alright when I put on overdrive my guitar sounds horrible, theres a bunch of static and feedback and if i turn my volume knob without having my hands on the strings or another metal part it crackels and pops really bad. So any sugestions on what this is and how to fix it?
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Epiphone Valve Junior combo
Check the connections to that volume pot. Might need to be re-soldered on.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
will doing the shielding help even though my pick ups are humbuckers?
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
alright so will i be shielding the pick ups or the wires and all that stuff cause my guitar is kinda limited as to what i can access, it doesn't have a pickgaurd and the pots are put in to where i don't really know how to get to them
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Last edited by grungebaby at Jul 27, 2010,
have you redone the wiring? it happens all the time that someone rewires their guitar and wires the output switch backwards, which makes an awful buzzing.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
no, its completely stock,and the only thing i've done is tighten the output jack and i checked and made sure that the wires didn't come loose or anything
also to me it seems like it would be a grounding or wiring problem since the pot doesn't make a scratchy noise when i put my hand to a metal part of my guitar.
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Last edited by grungebaby at Jul 27, 2010,
Quote by grungebaby
no, its completely stock,and the only thing i've done is tighten the output jack and i checked and made sure that the wires didn't come loose or anything
also to me it seems like it would be a grounding or wiring problem since the pot doesn't make a scratchy noise when i put my hand to a metal part of my guitar.

the pot crackles when you turn it?
dirty pot might do better if you spray cleaner with lube into it.
might be a loose wire there.

if it involves anything over than the volume knob then you'll also want to check the guitar cable, and the input jack wires.

if it seems specific to the volume pot. i suggest you pick up another pot and swap it out.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
well the guitars practically brand new and i just got a new cable and i've checked the output jack and the input jack on my amp hasn't gotten loose.
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
I had the same/similar problem with my tele a while ago, I took it into the guitar shop I got it from and they told me it was a microphonic pickup, and they are replacing it for me. Take it back to the shop and ask them to sort it out, if it's stilll in warrenty.