Medium
18 24%
Medium Well Done
11 15%
Well Done
9 12%
Ruined (aka Overcook)
0 0%
Chicago (cooked, and then charred on the outside)
0 0%
Voters: 74.
Page 1 of 3
Welcome, steak lovers, to the official steak thread of the pit. For starters, how do you like your steak done? poll coming.
for added conversation, what is your favorite side with it? Also, what is your preferred cut? GO!

As for me, Medium rare, sirloin, with a side of baked potato and corn (on the cob only). I also require horseradish, or it just isn't a steak dinner. As for the drink: Iced Tea is prefered, but a good beer goes with it pretty well too if it's available.

EDIT: I would just like to point out that toppings just seem... wrong to me. It's like putting extra sauce on a lasagna or something. It just doesn't need it.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jul 27, 2010,
Medium rare Rib-eye. Light horse-radish, asparagus, fully loaded baked potato, and a good bottle of nappa valley cabernet savignon.

edit: Holy **** I want this so badly now that I've thought about it.
Medium rare, with some Worstechier (sp?) sauce, potato, mac and cheese, whatever side is around except for salad.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Medium rare sirloin, blackened, with salad, onion rings and a nice iced tea.

A GOOD steak needs no steak sauce.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Poll options should be "medium rare" and "wrong"

Medium rare New York strip with a loaded baked potato/mashed potatoes and asparagus.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
whatever side is around except for salad.

God, this.

it just doesn't go properly. Salad is meant for light meals... aint nothing light about a steak dinner
Quote by BeastlyBassist
Poll options should be "medium rare" and "wrong"

Medium rare New York strip with a loaded baked potato or mashed potatoes and asparagus.

Close enough to what I said.

Medium well T-bone, loaded baked potato (except sour cream which is vile vile VILE), corn on the cob, rolls, fuck I'm hungry now. Jog on, Shinysides

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
edit: Holy **** I want this so badly now that I've thought about it.

Yeah Shinysides, you just HAD to make this thread when it's to late to make something to eat.

EDIT -
THE HUNGER IS CONSUMING ME!
I'm sneaking off to the kitchen for some pretzels.
Last edited by genghisgandhi at Jul 27, 2010,
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Close enough to what I said.

you have good taste sir. Ribeye was my next choice.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Quote by genghisgandhi
Yeah Shinysides, you just HAD to make this thread when it's to late to make something to eat.

I had steak this afternoon, there are 2 leftover NY strips sitting in the fridge right now, I may just go get one
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
I had steak this afternoon, there are 2 leftover NY strips sitting in the fridge right now, I may just go get one

I hope you choke, you slimy bastard!

edit: Even worse, I hope they're dried out!
Venison tenderloin marinated for hours in worcestershire, soy sauce, garlic, and olive oil. Then grilled to a rare/medium rare and finished by putting it on a frying pan of garlic butter for a minute or two.

Sides aren't necessary.

*faps*
AGH! Damn you!

Anyhow I like my steak medium well with BBQ sauce on it and topped with mushrooms and onions. Although, when I go to Smokey Bones I like to get the Red wine sauce and button mushrooms.

Yum.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

I hope you enjoy your steak and that it's delicious. When you get up from the table, I hope you bang your knee

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I'm not much of a Steak fan, mostly because I hate oink meat, and most steak is too thick to cook properly without getting burned on the outside. When I has steak however, I like it thin, like fajita style. There is a place by my house that has bomb fajitas, and they have steak seasoned the same way. It rocks.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Oh, and no one better give me any of this "bacon wrapped" bullshit.

That's a big sign that the meat is probably poor quality.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Un-goddamn-cool man
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Last edited by BeastlyBassist at Jul 27, 2010,
Ribeye's are too thin for me. A juicy sirloin beats a ribeye anyday.

Why is everybody hating on the salad? I find eating a light salad while waiting for the steak to cook is refreshing.
Quote by Shirate
I'm not much of a Steak fan, mostly because I hate oink meat, and most steak is too thick to cook properly without getting burned on the outside. When I has steak however, I like it thin, like fajita style. There is a place by my house that has bomb fajitas, and they have steak seasoned the same way. It rocks.

Try hangar steak or skirt steak. Great cuts, and quite thin.
Quote by bradulator
Ribeye's are too thin for me. A juicy sirloin beats a ribeye anyday.

I don't know what you're smoking, but i want some of it if it's gonna **** my brain up enough to say such a thing.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Amen brother.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
God, this.

it just doesn't go properly. Salad is meant for light meals... aint nothing light about a steak dinner

Steak shouldn't be had with any vegetables except for potatoes.

Fuck, I was even hungry before this thread was made
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Steak shouldn't be had with any vegetables except for potatoes.

Fuck, I was even hungry before this thread was made

Asparagus or broccoli rabe are the only vegies I consider going well with it.
Quote by Somekid94
medium well with BBQ sauce on it

If I'm making a steak at home, I like to rub a little salt, pepper and garlic on both sides. Anyone else do a rub or marinade on theirs?
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Oh, and no one better give me any of this "bacon wrapped" bullshit.

That's a big sign that the meat is probably poor quality.

Oh god. Montana's starts offering bacon wrapped steak every few months or so... this is when I know they're pulling steaks out of the freezer.

Quote by BeastlyBassist

If I'm making a steak at home, I like to rub a little salt, pepper and garlic on both sides. Anyone else do a rub or marinade on theirs?

I usually do a rub with nothing but salt and pepper, but I have tried a marinade occasionally.

My grandpa does a marinade sometimes with pineapple juice in it. this may sound "sinful" at first, but it gets cooked right out and you can't taste it. What you do notice though is that its the most tender steak you've ever eaten because the acid breaks down the fibers.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jul 27, 2010,
Medium Fillet Mignon, asparagus, any kind of potato, with a ceaser salad. Mmmm with chocolate mousse for dessert, and an iced latté
So what am I gonna eat to get rid of this steak craving? I've got ramen, toaster waffles, popcorn shrimp, sandwich stuff, and eggs.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by BeastlyBassist

Maybe a light rub to tenderize or add a slight smoky flavor, but other than salt and pepper, nothing much.

As for marinade, it depends. Don't know enough about them.

Quote by SteveHouse
So what am I gonna eat to get rid of this steak craving? I've got ramen, toaster waffles, popcorn shrimp, sandwich stuff, and eggs.

None of that will do. Kill yourself, it's the only way.
Last edited by SeveralSpecies at Jul 27, 2010,
Quote by SteveHouse

popcorn shrimp is the only way to go. I haven't had popcorn shrimp in like, forever.
Quote by SteveHouse

What about me? I'm in a small house full of sleeping people, which basically narrows my choices down to pretzels and Cheez-Its
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I don't know what you're smoking, but i want some of it if it's gonna **** my brain up enough to say such a thing.

You can get a sirloin that's bigger both in width and in girth (insert penis joke) than a ribeye. There's less fat too, 12 oz. sirloin > 12 oz ribeye. 12 oz sirloin = 16 oz ribeye.
Quote by genghisgandhi
What about me? I'm in a small house full of sleeping people, which basically narrows my choices down to pretzels and Cheez-Its

Dude Cheez-its are the shit. Are they white cheddar? Those things are hardcore man. I'd eat a box of em and never notice.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

For a normal steak: rare with salt, pepper and garlic. Maybe a little horseradish if I feel like it.

If its thin, small slices- seared.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Page 1 of 3