Don't come in here to debate homosexuality in any way; I don't care if you think it's wrong, I don't care if you think it's right, I don't give a fuck what your opinion is as far as discrimination, both legally and culturally, and I don't care what you have to say about it in regards to religion.

I'm just hoping somebody could present me with some credible sources on homosexuality. I've always been under the impression that people are born with their sexuality, but some recent chains of thought have made me question that, and start to wonder if it could be, in part, due to cultural pressure and influence. Does anybody have any links or anything that have evidence either way?
I once saw an article suggesting that a certain part of the brain is smaller in heterosexual men, and larger in women and gay men. But that's only useful if you consider me a credible source.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
This is the MOST credible source on homosexuality on the net.

Read the whole thing. It's all in there.
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
1+ @wahappen
BC Rich Warlock 81/85 Floyd Rose
Strat copy
J-Bass copy
Pre-1933 Olds Bass Trombone (G/F Triggers)
UWT Inc. Ukulele
Ibanez TK999HT Tube King Distortion
Digitech RP70
Currently, only with a Fender Frontman 25R

"We'll do it live"
I'll give you a study in homosexuality if you catch my dick drift.

But srsly, I've got nothing helpful to post. :|
Thanks for the links. I would have responded sooner, but I've gotten caught up in reading all of this. Is there any way that the OP of the "Let's Talk About GAYS" thread that Wahappen linked to could be edited, to include these links? I didn't post this there because I thought it was just a thread to discuss peoples opinions on laws and discrimination and such.
If they like guys, they like guys. I don't really have a problem with it and I don't see a need to do massive research on it when the money could be spent on something more useful. Like the cure to cancer or something
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Quote by Fiddly Diddly69
Like the cure to cancer or something

Actually, that's a flawed concept. Since cancer manifests itself in a multitude of very different varieties, it wouldn't make sense that any one thing could cure them all. I mean, they're all pretty different diseases. There most likely won't ever be one single breakthrough "cure", but rather many incremental improvements for treatment over a long period of time.
You could always go ask a few gay guys what their opinions are on the matter.

Or just accept that it really doesn't matter how someone became homosexual.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
^
Does it change whether it's right or wrong? Of course not.

But aren't you curious about what factors contribute to something as magnificently complex as human sexuality?

EDIT:
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
im pretty sure it can be easily condensed down to, I like that ______ I want to put my dick in it. or put your dick in me so on....

If you're searching for some elaborate explaination I believe you'd be lost finding one.

Not to be blunt about it (I'm being totally blunt about it) but that's just dumb.
Last edited by AA00P at Jul 27, 2010,
Well, as far as the complexities of human sexuality, homosexuality would be a very small part. But to stay on topic, the study would have to differentiate between homosexuals that are that way because of preference (choice) , and those that it isn't (genes/hormones/body chemistry). The vast majority of ones I know, it's not a preference. The opposite sex grosses them out as much as the same sex for heterosexuals. It just doesn't tick. So I take it you're wanting to find out what makes them tick, then you'd also have a case for figuring out the hormones in a straight person that makes them straight.
Quote by AA00P

But aren't you curious about what factors contribute to something as magnificently complex as human sexuality?

im pretty sure it can be easily condensed down to, I like that ______ I want to put my dick in it. or put your dick in me so on....

If you're searching for some elaborate explaination I believe you'd be lost finding one.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by AA00P
^
Does it change whether it's right or wrong? Of course not.

I am.
To be honest, I've seen studies that provide evidence for both 'nature' and 'nurture' arguments for homosexuality, which suggests, to me, that there may be either two contributing factors to a standard form of homosexuality or two different forms of homosexuality.

But I tend to lean towards the 'nature' argument, that homosexuals are born homosexual, because every single homosexual, without fail, that I've ever asked about it has said that they never made a concious decision to 'become' homosexual and that their attraction towards members of the same sex feels as natural to them as a hetrosexual's attraction towards members of the opposite sex.

Many that I have spoken to have even wished they were not homosexual because of the social stigma they have faced, but still find the thought of hetrosexual sex as repulsive, no matter how much they wish to just be hetrosexual. Now that's interesting, because if a person's sexuality can be influenced by cultural pressure, then one would imagine that these particular people would have become hetrosexual. So this would suggest that the influence of cultural pressure makes little to no difference to the sexuality of a person.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Jul 27, 2010,