Today I stopped in Willcut Guitars and picked myself up an Ibanez RG350MYE. It's very yellow haha. This guitar has the best sounding stock pickups for a midrange guitar I've ever heard. Everything is wonderful EXCEPT the mother lipping Edge III tremolo!!!! This thing is the root of all evil.

So I was wondering if it would be possible to take that out and have it replaced with an Ibanez ZR tremolo? I could easily get one on ebay.

Here's what Ibanez has to say about the guitar, if you need specs/dimensions, etc...

http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG350M

If it doesn't fit, or is impossible, what would work? Would an Edge?
!
oh my goodness, that is very sexy in yellow. i love the fretboard.

SUPPOSEDLY a edge pro or an official floyd rose will drop right in. if you're talking about the ZR with the ball bearings, i know it will NOT fit, the posts are way too far apart.

i say supposedly because most of the time they fit, but occasionally a circumstance will come up that they wont due to a tiny piece of wood or soemthing.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
nope,..afaik it has a unique stud spacing so that no tremolo is a direct swap for it(EZ)

MAJOR EDIT:OOOOOPppps..I thought you were talking about the edge zero,you miht be able to fit a ZR trem with some extra routing,but its no direct swap
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jul 27, 2010,
No, the ZR trems are completely different systems than your standard Edge's or Floyd Roses.

But in the FR sticky, there is a list of what is compatible with the Edge III. I've heard some say that an OFR isn't a direct replacement though. In any case, an Edge should work.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Edge pro is the upgrade you can do.
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
did you just quote a dream theater song???? hahah

Your Best bet is a Edge Pro or a OFR
What is thall? THALL
Agile Interceptor Pro 727
POD HD500
Carvin DCM1000L
Behringer Rack Tuner
Carvin Rack Case
Mogami Cables
Why do you say the Edge 3 is the root of all evil? TBH, it just sounds like you just don't know what you're doing since the only thing that's bad about the Edge 3 is the low durability. And since you got it today, I doubt that's the problem. It's likely that all trems will "be the root of all evil" to you.