Two new songs, both in my profile. It's a different side a my songwriting. I could really use some feedback

EPIC!
A song entirely MIDI, composed after listening to Muse. I wanted to try and write something that had movements, emotion, and just an epic feeling. I realize that emotion is hard to get across with MIDI, but the VSTs are pretty damn good.

Piano Thing
A song I wrote solely on notation. No playing parts to see if they worked beforehand. Practiced it after I finished writing it, and then recorded it. Actual instruments in this one, no MIDI.

Both songs are in my profile, and C4C!
Call me Michael...

Mixing
Need something mixed? Send me a PM with the details! Cheap rates, fast turnaround, satisfaction guaranteed!

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
Just listening to epic just now, it's starts well, only crit i would say is if you could get a lot of reverb on the drums for this sort of sound it would be great but as you said it is midi so for midi it sounds awesome! I can definetly see the muse influence!

Piano thing is beautiful! Absolutely nothing needs improved! Well done!
Both pieces sound great! I especially liked Piano Thing.. It would sound great if you put some orchestral stuff in the background with some counter melodies. EPIC! is pretty good, too. I can hear the Muse influence.. Really not much to say about it except that it was an enjoyable listen haha. Keep it up!

Please check out my piece
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1342680
Check out my music on my profile
I only listened to EPIC! (mainly because I recently was heavily into Muse and wrote two songs "under the influence") and I think it's missing a little epic quality. For the "chorus" starting at 2:00 I think you should throw in the kitchen sink like Bellamy and the boys have a tendency to do. Just add a couple of tracks of guitar, strings, whatever and have it build to that section.

Oh, one of my Museish tracks is in my profile called Asteroid.
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News
Last edited by ebon00 at Jul 29, 2010,
Thanks guys! eBon00, I listened to Asteroid and commented on it in your profile. Do you have any tips for trying to build it up more? What I was going for was a small taste of the chorus the first time around, and then after then guitar solo really hit the chorus home. Almost like in Starlight by Muse, where the first chorus is more subdued, and then later on it's more energetic. Does that make any sense?
Call me Michael...

Mixing
Need something mixed? Send me a PM with the details! Cheap rates, fast turnaround, satisfaction guaranteed!

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro