Page 1 of 2
Yeah, Death From Above
1979 is
always a good choice.

I can't help but feel
like this thread will fail shortly,
but I guess we'll see.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
the only band that i listen to which is close to dance punk would be"Bluejuice" they're a pretty cool australian band.
I may not have a brain, gentlemen, but I have an idea...
Quote by neidnarb11890
Gang of Four perhaps?

I back this statement.
Gang of Four might be one of
the best bands ever.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Gang of Four rules.

Zounds also rules and Gang of Four always reminded me of them. Thatcher on Acid also rules, and I like to listen to them and Zounds together.

I think I'm starting to stray pretty far from the topic at hand, but if you happen to like one, you may like the others.
Quote by werty22
I don't remember what Sigue Sigue Sputnik sounds like but I think they might qualify.

SIGUE SIGUE SPUTNIK. OH MY GOD.

yes. Everyone just turn off whatever bullshit album you're listening to and go dig Sigue Sigue
DOWN&OUT
Late of the Pier are the only dance punk band I like. Focker and Bathroom Gurgle are genius.
Quote by Joshua1207
I checked out Gang Of Four, not bad. Not exactly like any of the bands I listed in the OP but still not bad.

Yes, but Yeah Yeah Yeahs?
I've never heard anyone
say that they were punk.

Your list is much more
like "upbeat indie bands", so...
not sure what to say.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by Joshua1207
Sigue Sigue Sputnik sounds like some surf rock band *facepalm*
I can't say Late of the Pier were much better.

First time I've used that one. Think I'm a doin' it right, boyz?
DOWN&OUT
I don't understand...
Techno Pop = Surf Rock?
Completely wrong, dude.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
I've never heard anyone
say that they were punk.

Your list is much more
not sure what to say.

The guitar player has a pretty punk fashion sense if I remember correctly. And isn't that what it's all about?
Quote by werty22
The guitar player has a pretty punk fashion sense if I remember correctly. And isn't that what it's all about?

:\.
Ohai.

Actually from Canada.
Quote by nashawa
I don't understand...
Techno Pop = Surf Rock?
Completely wrong, dude.

Maybe its the song I checked it, but it reminded me of a surf rock band that I heard earlier in the day.

Quote by nashawa
I've never heard anyone
say that they were punk.

Your list is much more
not sure what to say.

I wouldn't say The Liars or Test Icicles are upbeat indie bands but lol if you think so.
Only heard Y3.
You said they all sound alike,
so I just figured...
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by Joshua1207
God damn do the people here only listen to mainstream stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QuVZKMOlro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6wvTgf_RJI

Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by Joshua1207
Using wikipedia to find new bands is too hard. For every good band you find there, you find like 10 horrible ones.

Gotta start somewhere

http://www.last.fm/tag/dance%20punk
Quote by neidnarb11890
Joy Division? I've heard hipster indie kids like to dance to them. Ya'know, 'cuz it's ironic?

lol, already heard of them.
Quote by TheReverend724

last.fm is so stupid when it comes to bands that sound alike. I guess I could try it if I get desperate enough.
Oy...

I'll say Japanther, although I'm gonna assume their production isn't up to your standards.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I wouldn't really call Japanther dance-punk.
Speaking of Japanther though, what's up with bands having "Japan" at the beginning of their name. I've seen Japanther, Japanda, Japandroids, Japancakes. Is this some hip new trend? 'Cuz I'm not digging it. Jpnthr are a'ight, though. Definitely not a favorite, but some stuff of Master of Pigeons is cool.
Well, dance-punk is a stupid genre altogether. I don't even know how to classify dance-punk bands.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Page 1 of 2