This is not a setup question.

I was just wondering on my Edge III, when I do a two string bend, 12+15 a full bend, I notice, Just very slightly that the 12, on the top string, dropped a pitch when I bent the 15, 2nd string, to a full. My guess is that this happened because the bridge moved.

Has anybody else had this problem? Im not sure if it matters much, because I was playing in drop C, acoustically because its 3AM right now. So I dont know how it sounds plugged in.

But yeah, if you know a solution or something let me know.

My next question is about my springs in the back. Ive got 3 of them set up as a claw like /l\
And Im using 9's (Yes, I know, 9's in drop C omgwtfbbqsauce!). Sometimes when I use the whammy bar by pulling upwards, I get like a creaking sound coming from somewhere in there. Can you even fix that? o.o
Thanks for the help in advance, and Goodnight/morning/afternoon/apocalypse day(For people who care, lol)
Last edited by xxIceManxx08 at Jul 27, 2010,
There is no solution to pitch change on unbent notes if you use a floating trem. Increase the tension on one (or two) strings and the springs will be pulled which moves the whole bridge. It's a feature of the mechanism so you have to adapt your playing style to minimise the effect. Most players will use a hardtail guitar for the effect you want but you could fit a trem stabiliser if you are not using the trem at all.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I also think it's because your bridge moves, maybe you should get different springs. They're not really expensive and saves you a lot of time with tuning... this problem counts for both Edges and Floyds
Quote by Bmaister
I also think it's because your bridge moves, maybe you should get different springs. They're not really expensive and saves you a lot of time with tuning... this problem counts for both Edges and Floyds

You cant fix it without blocking the trem, its just a byproduct of having a floating trem.
Adding springs can reduce it a little because its harder to open a closed spring than to stretch an already open one, but it will still happen, and this will make the trem harder to dive.
Your springs might be old/rusted. You can get new ones, I don't think they cost that much.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The creaking spring problem annoys me to but a good solution is to put some like rubber tubing inside the spring, it has the effect of muting the spring.