I've got a Greg Bennett AV1 model, listed as having Nato as the bodywood. Plays great and has got a graphite nut and grover tuners. I've been thinking of completely upgrading the electronics and the bridge, which will run me around $140 with shipping, much cheaper than buying a new guitar that I'll eventually want to modify as well.
My question is, with the bodywood being Nato, is it worth upgrading the guitar? In my opinion, the difference between regular Nato and Mahogany isn't that much when you take into account the environment in a live show, amp settings, pickups, etc.
What's your opinion?

tl;dr - cheap but good guitar with nato bodywood, worth upgrading electronics?

Pics: Body, Back of headstock
REAL MEN HAVE NO SIGS
If you like the guitar and it's not made of plywood, and you reckon you'll like the sound of it when it's upgreded...why not go for it.
sure! if you wanna do it, it's probably worth it!
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Yeah Ibanez and Gibson design all their models on their iPods.

Pokémon CYOA
Click here for my electro tunes!

Proud user and abuser of Bugera
Quote by slicerlml
If you like the guitar and it's not made of plywood, and you reckon you'll like the sound of it when it's upgreded...why not go for it.

Even if it's something like Agathis...? o.O
Quote by nemesis_911
Even if it's something like Agathis...? o.O

If you like the feel of the guitar and are happy with the tone an think that you will be happy with the tone when it is upgraded, then - yes - even if it's something like Agathis.

There are people out there who are happy with the tone of a guitar which has a body made of Agathis, and a lot of people who "know" that the only good wood to use for a guitar is the woods used on big-brand guitars.

Each to their own.