Hey basically I'm in need of a new amp.
I wanna spend up to £600 so about $1000

I want to get sounds in the line of Everytime I Die, Gallows, The Bronx and Cancer Bats.

Nothing too metally, I'm not into anything that scooped. I'm all about the beef.

I've made my own cabinet so I'm looking for a head.

Some amps I like the look of:

Orange Rocker 30

Marshall tube head of some sort?

Hiwatt Hi-Gain 50

any help will be appreciated

cheers
play an A powerchord triad. Then fret 10 a string, fret 8 - d string then up to fret 10 then improvise whatever from then on.
Quote by BabyWantABottle
play an A powerchord triad. Then fret 10 a string, fret 8 - d string then up to fret 10 then improvise whatever from then on.

Wrong thread there eh?
ETID plays through orange... but i do like the Jet City recommendation.
ps. i get to see them live tomorrow!!
Gibson RawPower SG 2009 (Zales)
Gibson Hummingbird 70's? (Amy)
Jet City JCA 20 Watt Combo
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
yeh they use thunderverb 200's right? i cant afford that but im afraid the rocker 30 is just some little budget kiddies version of the big ones.

those jet city things look nice!
Quote by crewcut100
yeh they use thunderverb 200's right? i cant afford that but im afraid the rocker 30 is just some little budget kiddies version of the big ones.

those jet city things look nice!

im not sure as far as the model but im going to assume your right haha
The rocker looks awesome especially the new model but i didnt have the money to throw down on it.

I just got mine and i love it, but i expect that would happen with any amp if your upgrading from a line 6 haha. I bet if you put a bit of fuzz in front you could get some nice ETID tones from the JCA
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by IXIchiodoIXI
im not sure as far as the model but im going to assume your right haha
The rocker looks awesome especially the new model but i didnt have the money to throw down on it.

I just got mine and i love it, but i expect that would happen with any amp if your upgrading from a line 6 haha. I bet if you put a bit of fuzz in front you could get some nice ETID tones from the JCA

hmm i dunno, id rather get the dirty tone straight from the amp.
which is why im looking at the hiwatt. it sounds proper filthy, but im abit weary because i havent ever used a hiwatt.

how dirty does the jca go???
Quote by crewcut100
hmm i dunno, id rather get the dirty tone straight from the amp.
which is why im looking at the hiwatt. it sounds proper filthy, but im abit weary because i havent ever used a hiwatt.

how dirty does the jca go???

yeah i understand where you are coming from. The JCA can get quite dirty, really nice harder rock and if you crank the volume to 1 oclock with the gain at 4 o clock and your pick up volumes at decent levels you should be able to get the tones your looking for. As far as that fuzz feel or darker sound i'd have to play with the EQ to see if it can hit that.
I was able to get a suitable Chiodos tone the other day with settings close to the ones i just posted, their tone is a lot more high frequencies so i dont tend to go lower. I'll try it out when i get home from work later tonight
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by BabyWantABottle
vox ac4tv head + cab

lolwut?

Quote by BabyWantABottle

lolwut??

TS: out of those, the orange seems to be the best bet to me
hmmm alot to think about.

so noones too keen on the hiwatt?!?

thought they would go down a storm here.

any other suggestions of other amps?
Quote by crewcut100
hmmm alot to think about.

so noones too keen on the hiwatt?!?

thought they would go down a storm here.

any other suggestions of other amps?

i have never heard nor played through one so i couldnt tell you a thing about hiwatts.

try out the orange and the JCA and see what ya think.
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9