guys i need help in sweeping im still a beginner so far the hardest thing i can do is master of puppets solo(2nd) and now i wanna learn how to sweep but i dont know where to start can u plz give me some cool sweeping licks to start with dont give me hard licks plz i mean like give me 3 strings then 4 strings then 5 string then 6 strings i mean its like i know what to do next so i can progress tnx in advance
metalmanica\m/
one finger per fret^^
like:

e 12 12
b 13 13
g 14 14
d 15 15 15 .......

start with the 3 highest strings an start SLOW SLOW SLOW and with distortion sound...I know everybody says practise clean cause distortion hides mistakes but with sweeping its the other way round
that you can use for 3 string and 4 string i guess ^^

if you manage that one try this one :
e 12 15 15 12
b 13 13
g 12 12
d 14 14
a 15 15 15 ......
E

Yeah 5 strings^^

I don't knoe anything for 6 strings but do want something hard with a litlle roll in it??

e 12 17
b 14 14
g 14 14
d 14 14
a 12 17 17 12
E

All right i guess until you manage to play this one as well as the others you'll be able to think of something new yourself^^
Look and some avenged sevenfold solos to see sweeping licks...afterlife for example :P

Hope you'll be able to read all that^^
And i hope that helped you
Dude, you should not look at sweeping yet. Give alternate picking a go first, or check out legato playing. Way more important than (or is it then?) sweeping.

IF you REALLY want to sweep, well, you could check out Thomas Youngbloods solo from The Edge Of Paradise by the band Kamelot. It's sweeping at moderate speed.
Yeah
Quote by TehDutchDude
Dude, you should not look at sweeping yet. Give alternate picking a go first, or check out legato playing. Way more important than (or is it then?) sweeping.

IF you REALLY want to sweep, well, you could check out Thomas Youngbloods solo from The Edge Of Paradise by the band Kamelot. It's sweeping at moderate speed.

bro he can play the second solo of master of puppets, i think he might know a bit about what you mentioned already.

Unless I am mistaking the solo for another one..

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
Quote by glenthemann
bro he can play the second solo of master of puppets, i think he might know a bit about what you mentioned already.

Unless I am mistaking the solo for another one..

i can really do the fast one
metalmanica\m/
Quote by edumico1234
dude im a beginner and i need tips on finger rolling i mean down and up)! hahahaha

If you'll notice mate, this excerpt has TONS of finger rolling. It's right up your alley
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
If your a beginner, I think sweep picking is a little out of your league. I think if your gonna start playing fast you should start alternate picking first, than tapping. Once you get those down (i don't mean sloppy and fast, i mean with accuracy and speed combined) than you should try sweeping.

Sweep Picking for me was one of the hardest things to grasp on guitar, because it feels awkward when you first try it, but if your gonna go down that road, i recommend checking videos on youtube. try yngwie malmsteen, jason becker, sweep picking instruction for your searches and good luck!