I'm looking for directors who do things in a similar vein to David Lynch, the surrealism, weirdness, some horror elements, non linear storytelling and such. Any suggestions welcome (except Tarantino, heard of him, and I never knew why people compared the two anyway)
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
Watch the films of Tarkovsky and Kurosawa instead. They aren't anything like Lynch, but their films are much better.
Quote by Nosferatu Man
Watch the films of Tarkovsky and Kurosawa instead. They aren't anything like Lynch, but their films are much better.

I was gonna say Tarkovsky but for similar reasons they're not really the same.
Takashi Miike. Pretty much a more awesome Tarantino.

Watch Sukiyaki Western Django. Tarantino even has a minor fourth-wall-breaking role in it. Then Oldboy, Ichi the Killer, Audition, Salaryman Kintaro, and any other Miike goodness you can get your hands on.
...In my opinion.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

ts, if you're looking for surreal filmmakers check out jan svankmajer and maybe kenneth anger.
Why would you want to see something that even remotely resembles Lynch?

Sorry but I can't stand most of his movies.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx

ts, if you're looking for surreal filmmakers check out jan svankmajer and maybe kenneth anger.

Why the facepalm? You know what I say is true.
'Cause I like Lynch movies?

I've seen a couple of Miike movies (Audition and Ichi The Killer)

xX*Zeppelin*Xx, care to rec. some films by those guys?
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!