Page 1 of 2
Okay, so my keyboard amp is covered with something that kind of feels like the soft part of a velcro... The thing is, my cat loves it, and he keeps rubbing himself around it, he practices climbing around it, and he tries to eat it. In the end, he's kind of tearing the cover apart. What could I do to keep him from going on there? I try not to let him in my room but he always finds a way to come in anyways, or he starts crying until I open the door

The amp is now full of cat hair and it's disgusting, and it's even worse when he digs holes in there with his teeth

edit: I forgot to add that he gets very violent when I try to get him away from there, he starts hissing, slashing and biting me like a mofo
Last edited by Darkflame at Jul 27, 2010,
go to petsmart, and ask someone for something called scat, or something like that, i'm not to sure exactly what it is called, but it's in a little pink spray bottle, and it's expensive, but i tell you it works like a charm, made my cat stop pissing in the corner...
I'M GONNA GIVE YOU A BAD CASE OF SOMEONE SHOT ME IN THE HEAD!!!
^vinyl is not an option, too expensive lol, and I'm actually trying to keep him away to keep some of the resale value, which I'd lose with a recovering
^^ I can't get rid of the cat 'cuz it's mah broh's

as for the scat thing, that's what I wanted to hear =) I was wondering if those things were actually efficient... I'll go see at a local pet store what they have, hoping it'll repell mine
I say hide behind something until the cat approaches and when he jumps over it beat the hell outta him. He probably wont do it anymore.

Seriously, there are some repelents that you spray over things and will keep cats and dogs away. I used it with my dog to keep him from peeing inside the house. You mix it with water and soak a piece of cotton or something alike and place it near the place you dont want him at, or spray it like I said. Sorry for my english. Also, you can get it in most vets.

Quote by a_hub10
I keep my Schecter in dropped D all the time, and i didn't buy an attachment of any kind.

Quote by CraftyTrickster
You should just tell the seller: ¡Boludo!
Last edited by haceteunosmates at Jul 27, 2010,
you could try getting the cat a scratch post if you haven't already - cats need something like that to scratch at. Otherwise if you get that scat stuff you're just gonna move it onto something else you don't want it scratching lol.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
get a bunch of the soft part of a velcro and make him his own thing.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I have a scratching post, and they insist on scratching the damn sofa.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
I would throw him across the room?

Cats are fun
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
- put cat in front of 4x12

- turn amp to 11

- E5

that should do it
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Get another cat to guard it and fight him. Make sure this cat has super ninja focus so that he cannot be mentally broken by the existing cat.
/rig
Get him a scratching post and rub Valerian tea all over it. Place it in the same room as the amp. I guarantee that he'll lose interest in your amp. Make sure you don't get any Valerian on your amp too or he'll fall in love with that as well - wash your hands thoroughly afterwards.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I saw a vid on YouTube, it was this guy about to demo a pedal. Then his cat walked in front of the camera. He pointed at the cat and then said, "this is my cat," then tossed it across the room and started laughing exactly like this, "MWUAHAHAHAHAHA!"
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by CL/\SH
I saw a vid on YouTube, it was this guy about to demo a pedal. Then his cat walked in front of the camera. He pointed at the cat and then said, "this is my cat," then tossed it across the room and started laughing exactly like this, "MWUAHAHAHAHAHA!"

You need to find this video.
Cats hate all things citrus.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
As someone else suggested, go to the pet store and get some cat repellent sprays. Soon enough the animal will learn to stay away from the amp and you won't have to keep spraying the stuff on all the time.
I forget the name of the stuff I used on my electrical cables behind the TVs but it worked well and kept my sisters cat far away.

You could also re-cover the amp with another material...but it seems like a huge project and costs quite a bit more.
You have a behavior issue, brilliant eh? In my experience you need to deter it from scratching or whatever to your amp. You need a outlet for the cat to scratch whether a scratching post or tree, whatever.

Once you have that outlet, you still need to encourage the cat or train it to use the scratching post. For the most part anyway, some just jump right on it. You can use catnip spray or rub catnip into the scratching surface to attract the cat. When he is in his MOOD, then use a cat toy or piece of yarn to try and get his claws engaged in the scratching material. (sisal or carpet) A few episodes of that and he should go to it. You can see some styles for scratching posts/trees at http://www.canadiancattrees.com

Next problem is the amp. Typically you either need to have the scratching post near the object you are trying to deter the cat from scratching or remove access to the object. Don't know how you'll handle that.

I seen this product here, where you would place it on or around the amp. It is a battery operated sprayer that sprays out crap to repel the cat. Maybe? No promises, only came across it on the net as I have had my own issues with my three cats.
www.tesco-shopping.com/StayAway.htm Its called Ssscat

Good Luck!
Either this:

Quote by haceteunosmates
I say hide behind something until the cat approaches and when he jumps over it beat the hell outta him. He probably wont do it anymore.

Or this:

Quote by forsaknazrael
wait until he approaches him, and then spray him with a spray bottle filled with water.

Depending on whether or not you have a soul.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Looks like you need a new..cat?

I say a spray bottle with water XD
Quote by dann_blood
Proof he's a communist! He finally comes out, the nazi!
.22?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
A Super Soaker should do the trick, and will probably having quite humorous results.
Quote by forsaknazrael
wait until he approaches him, and then spray him with a spray bottle filled with water.
negative reinforcement.

worked on lion-o.

Over my lifetime, I have had 20+ cats (14 at one time).
Spray bottle with water is the answer.

They also have an aversion to lime juice. But don't spray them with that!
Last edited by CodeMonk at Aug 10, 2011,
Even though I do appreciate all the advice, it's been a year since I posted this thanks for necroing me

On topic though, well I found a very efficient repellent: I keep my door closed, since my parents got the brillant idea to install his litter next to my room. He only comes in to sleep now, because he knows I'll kick his ass if he misbehaves.

Why did you bump a thread over a year old
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
If there are PetSmart Stores where u live, go there. Get the cat repellent as mentioned earlier, get a scratch post, get catnip w/toy. Put repellent on amp, put catnip on toy, and if he still scratches the amp, beat him with the scratch post....no-no, not poor kitteh. Put the post in a spot for him and on occasion put a small bit of catnip on it.
i always put catnip on my friends PRS case.

i want the case all scratched up so i can buy the guitar cheaper.

"look at the case man!"

lulz. i'm so stealth.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
i always put catnip on my friends PRS case.

i want the case all scratched up so i can buy the guitar cheaper.

"look at the case man!"

lulz. i'm so stealth.

put cat litter in it instead.
not in the case, then there would be shit on the priss.

i don't want a poopy-priss.

i couldn't care less about the outside of the case.

plus the cat scratching helps get all the Attack Attack stickers off easier.
Quote by Darkflame
^OH GREG I finally got my LP =) it's exquisite

i was gonna ask you about that. sweet!

pics or it's a PRS.

was the bridge pup almost touching the strings?
lots of good advice here!

Just as a general cat tip, if he's hissing and attacks you when you stop him, you need to discipline the cat so that it acknowledges you as the dominant one, someone suggested the spraying him with water, and it does wonders, I used it on my girlfriend's cat cause the little ****er would go and stand right next to the litter tray, and then just shit next to the thing, like it was saying "yeeeeeah, **** you and your box, I am gonna poo where ever I want, now clean it up!"
Quote by SMTHSCN
lots of good advice here!

Just as a general cat tip, if he's hissing and attacks you when you stop him, you need to discipline the cat so that it acknowledges you as the dominant one, someone suggested the spraying him with water, and it does wonders, I used it on my girlfriend's cat cause the little ****er would go and stand right next to the litter tray, and then just shit next to the thing, like it was saying "yeeeeeah, **** you and your box, I am gonna poo where ever I want, now clean it up!"

its a cat not a dog.
cats do what they want.
The spray bottle of water works because it learns a lesson.. not because you're now dominant over that cat..
Page 1 of 2