Hey guys, im kindve in a predicament in my recording. as anyone who is a musician knows, the hardest part about a band is...well...a band. and im tired of sitting around waiting for something to happen. i bought Sonar and some soundboards and mics and stuff from an old buddy of mine that just joined a doom band called While Heaven Wept, since he made it big, he basically gave me his equipment actually. Im having trouble mic'ing guitar and bass, but thats not my biggest problem. My biggest problem is i raced motocross for 14 years, and my legs are shot. My left, for example, is 42% weaker than my right, which shows drastically in my double bass. So im looking for a fix, because drums are a must, and drummers are rare in my area. Im a guitarist first, but i do a little bit of everything, so im not looking for anything pro as far as drumming, but something i can lay down a track on. ive been throwing around 2 ideas:

1) Drum triggers

2) EZdrummer Midi

which one would be better in your opinions? and also which would be more affordable, practical, and easy to use?
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin
I don't know what triggers cost, but they might be an allright idea

EZDrummer is practically free, unless you buy it, and if so, it's quite costly.

Also, you could practice double bass drumming really focusing on the left foot
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
Triggers are possibly the best solution but not sure as I'm a gtr player as well. though why not work some strength back into your legs through some rehab and what not and then you'll be all around better off.
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)
Quote by amatas83
Triggers are possibly the best solution but not sure as I'm a gtr player as well. though why not work some strength back into your legs through some rehab and what not and then you'll be all around better off.

yeah, well i spent 2 months in rehab. its a chronic ACL and meniscus tear. i can focus work outs on it, build it back up, but the doctors said something about that when it comes to activity it isnt stimulated. so for an example, if i force a single muscle and no others, it will be stimulated, but if i walk, the other muscles will compensate for the failed ones, and they will get no stimulation and go down hill. eh. i do focus my exercises on it just to keep something else from getting torn, but balance is something ill likely never get back. haha.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin
Well, if you intend to join a band then MIDI is worthless as far as gigs are concerned. If you are just recording by yourself then it will be the best option. I pretty much have the best of both worlds with a MIDI E-kit
Quote by maggot9779
Well, if you intend to join a band then MIDI is worthless as far as gigs are concerned. If you are just recording by yourself then it will be the best option. I pretty much have the best of both worlds with a MIDI E-kit

well yeah, but if im gunna be a band im of course, not going to be the drummer. This project is mostly for fun. i think im settled on MIDI.