Page 1 of 27
http://in.reuters.com/article/idINTRE64Q52H20100527

The Royal Dutch Medical Association on Thursday suggested a possible ban on elective circumcisions for young boys, saying they were medically unnecessary and violated children's rights. The 161-year-old organization, which represents more than 46,000 doctors and students, called the procedure "a violation of the integrity of the body." The group, known by its Dutch initials KNMG, proposed a dialogue between doctors and religious groups on the issue. Most non-therapeutic circumcisions in the Netherlands are performed on religious grounds. In the capital of Amsterdam, parents seeking circumcisions for elective reasons are often referred to a small clinic in a heavily Muslim neighborhood. "KNMG sees good reasons for a legal ban on non-therapeutic circumcisions, but fears that this will lead to the operation going underground," it said in a statement. In a column on the KNMG's website, chairman Arie Nieuwenhuijzen Kruseman said some 80 percent of the group's members agreed circumcision should be discouraged. According to a 2007 World Health Organization report, some 30 percent of men worldwide are circumcised.

As with most European ideas, it'll be about a century before it catches on over here in the US. But it's a head start. Hopefully just the tip of the iceberg.
#DTWD
Oh don't go turning it into a pun thread
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Before it catches on...?
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
Quote by padgea7x
Oh don't go turning it into a pun thread

This.

Mods need to establish some sort of penal system for pun-abusers.

>_>
Quote by mental_zer0
This.

Mods need to establish some sort of penal system for pun-abusers.

>_>

Clever
Quote by primusfan
http://in.reuters.com/article/idINTRE64Q52H20100527

As with most European ideas, it'll be about a century before it catches on over here in the US. But it's a head start. Hopefully just the tip of the iceberg.

Have you ever realized that LOLville kinda looks like Kentucky?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
looks like the doctors are tired of getting cut off
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I like my foreskin, I'm glad it wasn't cut off as a kid. (Most Americans are circumcised, so I feel fortunate..)
As I always say: "Rawr"
the pun i have the justify most is the one in this post. i'm really stretching it.
#DTWD
I dont really see the big deal in this whole cut vs. uncut thing.

Not having a foreskin wont kill you, and neither will having one. Ende.
If 4 more people tell me to go back to writing The Vanishing Point, I will.

UG's Commie Pinko Bedwetter
Quote by 310320
I dont really see the big deal in this whole cut vs. uncut thing.

ever notice how only circumcised people say this.
#DTWD
Without foreskins it's much better, you feel more free, more relaxed, you can conquer the world without a foreskin!
But a foreskin slows you down, did you know that foreskins are rapists? that's right.
So cut off your foreskin TODAY!
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by primusfan

That's because we're cooler
Quote by primusfan

You're assuming I'm circumsized.
If 4 more people tell me to go back to writing The Vanishing Point, I will.

UG's Commie Pinko Bedwetter
Quote by darkcheef
That's because we're cooler

Stop right there, this is no place for arguments.

I don't want this thread to turn into some sort of dick-waving competition.
I'd ban it for kids who are under a certain age. If people want to cut bits off themselves that's their business, but not their kids. No need to cut the whole thing off completely
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Why are you being so anal about this?

Woah buddy, no need to attack me. I sphincter might be a way to resolve this peacefully.
Quote by TheBurningFish
I'd ban it for kids who are under a certain age. If people want to cut bits off themselves that's their business, but not their kids. No need to cut the whole thing off completely

If you're a baby you're a minor meaning your parents decide everything for you,and you dont cut off the whole thing just a small part of it.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by Benjibum2nd
I agree, this is not something we should force on our kin.

Tremendous!

I hear that when it's done right, it can actually be a pretty genital operation.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
If you're a baby you're a minor meaning your parents decide everything for you,and you dont cut off the whole thing just a small part of it.

If you were to decide to cut of your kids finger you'd get arrested. I don't see how this is much different.

And HUUUURRRRR DUUUUURRRRR.

Puns make me die a little inside
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by TheBurningFish
If you were to decide to cut of your kids finger you'd get arrested. I don't see how this is much different.

And HUUUURRRRR DUUUUURRRRR.

That is different

You dont get injured or handicapped if you cut a foreskin, if you cut a finger it's pointless violence, but nice try to making me look like an idiot.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Makes sense. Even when you are a child, your parents shouldn't be making permanent choices about your body.

But, personally, I have no hard feelings to my parents for circumcising me. I greatly enjoy not having to clean out cockcheese.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by doomded
Makes sense. Even when you are a child, your parents shouldn't be making permanent choices about your body.

But, personally, I have no hard feelings to my parents for circumcising me. I greatly enjoy not having to clean out cockcheese.

So you want to decide about everything when you're one month old?

It's the parents choice.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
That is different

You dont get injured or handicapped if you cut a foreskin, if you cut a finger it's pointless violence, but nice try to making me look like an idiot.

And there's a plethora of points to cutting off foreskin. Right.

And you made yourself look like an idiot by failing to read.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
So you want to decide about everything when you're one month old?

It's the parents choice.

That's not what he said and you know it. Way to straw man.

Quote by TheBurningFish
And there's a plethora of points to cutting off foreskin. Right.

And you made yourself look like an idiot by failing to read.

You said that people should only cut themselves if they want to, banning it for people under a certain age is worse because it hurts more to cut it off when you're older.

Quote by TheBurningFish

That's not what he said and you know it. Way to straw man.

Thats excectly what he said, he said parents shouldnt make desicions that affect the child's body.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Last edited by GbAdimDb5m7 at Jul 27, 2010,
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You said that people should only cut themselves if they want to, banning it for people under a certain age is worse because it hurts more to cut it off when you're older.

Who the **** worries about how much it hurts when they're having pieces of themselves cut off?

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

How so? are the nerves not active or something when first born? Im sure kids feel the same amount of pain.
These religious tolerance versus human rights debates always turn into a circular argument. But, as someone stated before, skin is a part of your body and you should have the right to decide what to do with it. No need to cover your head in shame.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

He means, allow people who are say, 12 and over, to decide for themselves. They will need both parents and their own permission. And the whole thing part of it was a pun

I say make people have to pay to have them. And any other pointless operation.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by SG_dave
How so? are the nerves not active or something when first born? Im sure kids feel the same amount of pain.

Well I'm pretty sure that if you do at older age you need to do it at a hospital with anesthesia involved.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Well I'm pretty sure that if you do at older age you need to do it at a hospital with anesthesia involved.

Well you can't ask a newborn if it hurts, can you? I don't see why it wouldn't, though.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I always get the impression that uncircumcised people always say that no one should ever be circumcised (Unless its their own choice), and that circumcised people say that they could care less.

As far as I know, there's no medical reason for, or against, circumcision. It's all based on a parent's religious/personal views. And if that's the case, then there's no reason why it should be banned. As long as circumcision is being performed by a qualified doctor, there should be no health risks, and it therefore shouldn't be a problem.

As for the whole 'Children can't choose' thing, I really don't think it matters. After all, the children didn't choose to be born. The children (most usually) don't choose what school they go to, or what they eat for dinner.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Last edited by Baby Joel at Jul 27, 2010,