Ok so this has probably been asked many times before but anyway.
Im having problem getting a nice sound from my bass and amp that im happy with whlst playing in my band. At the moment im having trouble hearing the low notes as they blend in a bit too much which is especially anoying whem playing fills so i turn myself up to compensate however then when playing high notes they are too overpowering and sound far too loud, id like somethign that cuts through but still allows you to hear the other instruments. Im currently using a OLP MM2 with active electronics (3 band EQ and volume) and a Roland Cube 100 (Bass, low mid, high mid, treble, volume, gain, compression and a pad switch). Im pretty sure the gear is fairly good for a small band practice.

So basially i need some help getting a good setting that will sound nice and disticnt. The genre is sort of heavy rock, my basslines are mainly funk inspired and i also use slapping and popping so i dont want to have to change loads of settings on the amp between songs. Also is there any pedals i could purchase to shape my tone a bit more?

Sorry if this isnt very clear and I know you wont be able to be very specific however any pointers in the right direction would be great, thanks alot.
interesting, I usually have the problem of my lower notes being too loud and my higher ones being too soft.

The only thing I can think of that would tie in everything is a compressor, but I've never used one. I hear they are also good for slapping. Somebody more experienced with them can explain more, but basically they boost lower volumes and cut higher volumes.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
what is your amp currently EQed at, as well as your guitarist's eq,
it will be much easier to help if we know.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
I had roughly:

Bass - 60%
Low mid - 50%
high mid - 80%
Treble - 40%

Volume - 50%
Gain - 25%

Not too sure bout guiarists EQ will try and find out
Quote by jakowelshy
I had roughly:

Bass - 60%
Low mid - 50%
high mid - 80%
Treble - 40%

Volume - 50%
Gain - 25%

Not too sure bout guiarists EQ will try and find out

Alright.
the reason i'm asking is that because my guitarists like to have alot of mids, if i have high mids as well, the sound is muddy.
so to compensate i use very little mids, but alot of bass and treble, and find that, i am much easier to hear, at a lower volume, and i don't have problems with some note being louder than others.
i would reccomend using alot of whatever frequencies your guitarists aren't taking up, and seeing if that helps your problem
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
yh i think i tend to try to outdo whatever frequencies the guitarist has so makes a horrible noisy mess, il keep that in mind thanks alot guys
Quote by jakowelshy
i think i get the general gist of things however when doing college gigs we tend to get an amp wirred upto a speaker system instead of a stack with a graphic equilizer on it. isit worth getting a equilizer pedal like ( http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Boss-GEB-7-Bass-Equalizer-Effects-Pedal/7PD ) to do a similar job?

is there no tone controls on your guitar?
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

Viscara (my band)