I have a Seymour Duncan SH-2n Jazz pickup on which half of one of the screw-type pole pcs is a bit rusted and 2 of the other pole pcs are also. Is there a reason for this besides sweat? What's the best way to clean them?
If you keep your guitar in a moist environment, it will rust. I don't think you can get rid of rust...?
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
you can get rid of rust, use something abrasive and scrub it off. it will come back if you dont keep up on the cleaning/maintinance though. they make chrome/metal cleaner it will work but dont use to much of it or it will damage your guitar
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
Quote by The3818919
If you keep your guitar in a moist environment, it will rust. I don't think you can get rid of rust...?

u can if its surface rust
Thanks. I'll do a search. Not having seen this topic covered in any of the guitar maintenance books that I have (and not having ever known anyone with the problem), I figured it wasn't too common but evidently it is. I don't keep it in a damp environment and it's the neck pickup, where I don't touch it so it was a bit puzzling.

But thanks! I'll do a search.
Last edited by LeeU at Jul 28, 2010,
I have an idea: Try to put some phosphoric acid on the rusty parts. So you dont have to file off ony parts and the PUs will keep their sound