So I’m thinking of putting a Vibramate Bigsby & Schaller Roller Bridge on my Gibson SG Standard. Has anyone ever used this combination before, does is work well? I decided that if im gonna get the Bigsby I have to get the Roller Bridge so that the strings can move more freely and stay in tune better. I prefer the Vibramate because I don’t want to drill holes in my guitar. If I add the bigsby is my guitar not going to fit on my Gibson case anymore? Just looking for some input/suggestions/criticism.
Last edited by srh at Jul 27, 2010,
Vibramates are amazing!! I put on on my Tele and it works wonders. Make sure you buy the SG vibramate and not a wrong one, and also make sure you buy an original bigsby and not liscensed because it will NOT fit. I made that mistake.

Any other questions let me know

EDIT: Also, I dont think it will be a problem fitting in your case, I dont think it even added an inch of extra height over where my knobs are and such.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Last edited by diceksox1809 at Jul 27, 2010,
I have the bigsby/vibramate combo on my SG standard and I love it! It fits in the case just fine. I don't have a roller bridge yet, and it stays in tune alright. I should probably get one, though, so let me know how well that one works out for you!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Thanks for the replies! What about the where the original tail placement was though? Is the Bigsby too close to the bridge? I like having my hand sit on the strings between bridge and the tail piece, does the Bigsby leave the same amount of room/feel?
Quote by srh
Thanks for the replies! What about the where the original tail placement was though? Is the Bigsby too close to the bridge? I like having my hand sit on the strings between bridge and the tail piece, does the Bigsby leave the same amount of room/feel?

On my tele the feel was a little different but managable. But when you buy a Bigsby you sacrafice certain things. Like stringing your guitar with ease.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I think Bigsby B5 fits SG best (the" horseshoe" model).

http://www.bigsbyguitars.com/images/imager/SG_Standard_B5C_335.jpg

For that right Vibramate model, it should be found easily. Vibramate's a cool trick and definately worth the price.

But you alredy knew that, didn't you. You're asking whether changing to a different type of bridge from the original TOM changes things or not. Propably won't. But I don't know if you'll gain massive extra benefits either. I had a bigsby system on a frickin epiphone alleykat (bound to stay out of tune unless nut's replaced/lead pencil used) but no problem with that.

If you think the roller's worth the price, then why not.
Roller bridges work well, but I'd put the Bigsby on first to see how much it changes the tone. The bigsby is probably going to make the guitar sound darker and more compressed, and the roller bridge is going to make that worse. If you can set up the Bigsby so it works properly with the original bridge, I'd stick with it. The roller bridge will play really well with the Bigsby but I found that the tone change was a bit too much. If you want to go the other way, a Resomax bridge will add more brightness and open the sound up to counteract the effects of adding the Bigsby.
Quote by Sid McCall
I have the bigsby/vibramate combo on my SG standard and I love it! It fits in the case just fine. I don't have a roller bridge yet, and it stays in tune alright. I should probably get one, though, so let me know how well that one works out for you!

Did you use the B5 Model or the Short Tail Piece one?