This is something like a mix of Pelican and Russian Circles.

Sounds best with RSE on.

Not as bass oriented as Russian Circles is, but not as minimalist as Pelican is.

Obligatory drum whathaveyou, volume swells, crescendos etc.

Any input is appreciated.
Attachments:
songthing.zip
Last edited by cleverusername at Jul 27, 2010,
that was definatley not what i expected reading sludge, thats way to note filled [then again i think of sludge as sunn-o] but none the less a very nice listening experiance
i think my favorite part was that last riff just the way its played really caught my interest
but my least favorite part was the fact that the buildup part played twice, it wouldve been much better if it hadnt. out side of that i didnt see anything wrong with it, it felt a little slow on the intro but again thats probably just me, but you have a very fine piece of work here, and i still just cant get over how much i like that last riff
very groovey, liken dem drums.
The time signatures at 114 work really well.
I like how a lot of the individual parts are different from each other, adds more texture.

The clean section gets a litte repetative, maybe add the bass a bit early during the build up or do something to varry it up a little.

Other than that sick song man

7/10

Crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=24839167#post24839167
Quote by envoykrawkwar7
that was definatley not what i expected reading sludge, thats way to note filled [then again i think of sludge as sunn-o] but none the less a very nice listening experiance
i think my favorite part was that last riff just the way its played really caught my interest
but my least favorite part was the fact that the buildup part played twice, it wouldve been much better if it hadnt. out side of that i didnt see anything wrong with it, it felt a little slow on the intro but again thats probably just me, but you have a very fine piece of work here, and i still just cant get over how much i like that last riff

Sunn O))) are more drone and doom than sludge. I wouldn't call them sludge at all really.

I love the riff that starts at bar 74.

I feel that the build up in the middle runs slightly too long. It's quite good and listenable, but it really starts to drag after a while. The payoff is good though.

From bar 174 on this piece is absolutely sublime.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Jul 28, 2010,
Some part of this slightly remind me of Isis, Other than that, this is a very original piece. Very cool work on those drums man, well done