I can't choose between the Warwick Corvette Proline and the Warwick Corvette STD Bubinga. Both are fretless.

What are the main differences between the Proline and STD series? Has anyone had any experience with either series (specifically the fretless models...). They're both sold at an equal price, so I don't know...

Grtz!
I don't like the idea of telling people about your Warwick STD.

Our bass player had a Warwick that was a proline, and it played schweet, sorry I don't have more info
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Silvertone 1448L
TC Electronic Polytune
Fender Blues Jr.
More in profile...
I think the Proline has a brass nut and Maple body where as the STD is obviously Bubinga and doesn't have the brass nut, also if you mean the new Corvette Standard (or whatever it's called these days) it's made in Korea instead of Germany so may as well be a Rockbass.

It's down to what you prefer really, I think the Proline is active where as you get the option of Passive or Passive/Active with the STD, the biggest difference will be in the wood, personally I love my STD Bubinga but try both if you can, unless you can't find a used German made STD.
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by faultyy
may as well be a Rockbass.

not true
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
not true

Fair enough, the woods are better too, but there's a bit of a jump from being hand built in Germany to line produced in Korea
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
I agree, but you get some decent instruments out of Korea, especially recently. And you can still get Rockbass corvettes, so there must be some improvement in the higher end
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Prolines are bright. They're punchy, they don't quite have that Warwick growl to them. You can get both models in active/active and passive/active. The Standard you can get as full blown passive, but excepting monetary reasons there's no reason not to at least the active EQ as it can be switched off anyways. Neither have a brass nut as standard- both have the JAN-III, which certainly was not available in brass when the Proline was around- they've only just been doing the III in brass in the past couple of months.

The Prolines are discontinued and were German made, and as said, newer (as in this year) Standards are Korean- if the serial number ends in -10, you most likely have a Korean (earlier 2010 models aren't Korean though, I think it started mainly in March/April). That does not mean the Standards are crap though- in fact, I believe the price has been upped. German Corvettes were made at near enough a loss, or a very low profit margin, but were treated as "entry" level Warwicks although the materials and labour put into them was no different in value than the Thumbs.