OK, as the title says, I'm looking for a nice general purpose amp. I'm looking mainly for something that will get a great acoustic sound, nice with lots of smooth highs, very shimmery, not bluesy and also has a good vocal section. If it sounds good with a bass run through it, that would be nice too.

Features I want:
  • at least 2 instrument inputs, preferably 3
  • mic input
  • seperate eqs
  • line or xlr outputs, preferably stereo
  • at least 75 watts
  • effects loop
  • great tone for acoustic guitars and vocals

The killer is that I want it for around $500. So far, I'm looking at a Peavey KB4, Roland KC350, or Carvin AG100D. I'm not too knowledgeable about acoustic, keyboard, mic, etc. clean amplification and that's why I'm coming here. Any advice would be highly appreciated

Also, I found a Fender Acoustasonic SFX for $350, would this be a good deal or choice?
Axes:
Ibanez RG7321
Ibanez RG320FM
LTD GUS600
Kramer Striker
Acoustics:
Art & Lutherie CW Antique Burst
Stupid Ovation CC
Washburn 12 String
Amps:
Randall Colossus Head
Randall Century 170 Cab/Head
Fender Acoustasonic
Acoustic amps sound much better than PA's for acoustic guitar at least, I've heard some using a 212 fender acoustasonic, it sounded amazing
Quote by forsaknazrael
Don't some people play directly into the PA?

When I play with my church band, I play straight through our big Fender PA, the thing is I want one that I can use other places and one that I can easily get in and out of my basement with to go places. I've looked into PA's but the extra speakers and cables would be a pain. If you know of any that are around $500 and have built in speakers, or a small setup one, I'd definitely look into that. It's just hard to find good low price mixer head type ones with the power amp built in. That's what the Peavey KB4 basically is. It's a keyboard amp with 3 stereo channels, etc. My friend uses the older version of the Acoustasonic SFX from when Fender offered keyboard amps. It sounds great, but it's also got the stereo inputs unlike the Acoustasonic.
Axes:
Ibanez RG7321
Ibanez RG320FM
LTD GUS600
Kramer Striker
Acoustics:
Stupid Ovation CC
Washburn 12 String
Amps:
Randall Colossus Head
Fender Acoustasonic
Ok, this is a bit of a bump, but unless anyone has any recommendations or anything against the Fender Acoustasonic SFX, I'm going to be going to the store in a couple hours to do a comparison between the acoustaconic and the peavey kb4 and choosing the best one.
Axes:
Ibanez RG7321
Ibanez RG320FM
LTD GUS600
Kramer Striker
Acoustics:
Stupid Ovation CC
Washburn 12 String
Amps:
Randall Colossus Head
Fender Acoustasonic
honestly, you're not going to hear yourself through most acoustic amps.
you've got too many things going in, they'll all cancel each other out and no one will get heard.

just a suggestion... something like the Yamaha Stagepass. all the pieces connect into each other.

you can run everything except bass thru it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by forsaknazrael
Look on your local craigslist, dude.

There might be a Peavey KB4, or a Roland of some sort that is a comparable keyboard amp.

You can get one for much cheaper. I see Rolands go for 300 easy, sometimes less.

That's where I found the Acoustasonic. Personally, I don't like the Rolands as much because they don't seem to have as much adjust-ability and after comparing a Roland and the Peavey KB4, the Peavey seems to have more features and just as good of sound for $100 less. Lots of people seem to come out disappointed with the Rolands and all the ones in my Craigslist are small 45 watt ones. I've heard good things about the Acoustasonic SFX and my friend's older keyboard version sounds great. His also has stereo inputs and some line outs unlike the Acoustasonic though.

I'd mainly use it for band practice and retreat style stuff where it's just me playing guitar and some speakers talking through the mic section like I do with my Behringer right now so I don't really need to be super loud because for bigger stuff we do have a PA. It's just something that's portable, self contained, and is loud enough for small venues, band practice, and stuff. Since my 15 watt vocal amp can be heard over drums I think a 75 or 80 watt should be loud enough and I don't want to worry about multi-part systems because it's more cables, more stuff to carry. I want self contained like a Fender Passport or the tall, thin Bose ones so it's portable. Like previously said, most places have PAs if they are big enough to be called a venue.
Axes:
Ibanez RG7321
Ibanez RG320FM
LTD GUS600
Kramer Striker
Acoustics:
Stupid Ovation CC
Washburn 12 String
Amps:
Randall Colossus Head
Fender Acoustasonic
just a heads up. fender passports are junk,

and the yamaha i linked is self contained.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011