From what I've heard it's a pretty good bass, seems very comfortable and tone versatile. Haven't really tried one but I've looked around reading reviews and stuff and mostly I hear compliments, the only complaint I've heard is that they're a little neck-heavy, but that's about it. So, I wanna ask, are they really that good? If so, why have I never seen anyone suggest an Iceman bass to people asking which bass should they get?

Here's a video review for those of you who haven't seen it.
IMO it's overpriced for what it is, is pretty neck-heavy and the tone is nothing s[ecial. It's not a bad bass, but one you'd get for the looks and the image rather than it being the best sounding or feeling bass.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
That things actually sounds a lot better than I expected. I have tried it out before and I like that it's a heavy bass (big fan of heavy basses :P) and I didn't have a problem with it being neck-heavy. I adjusted the strap and it was fine. The stock pick ups in it look similar to the ones in the SRX series, and those pick ups are amazing. The only thing I'm not digging is the fact that the bridge and the bridge pick up are extremely close together making it hard to play near the bridge. You can play like...on the pick up but I'm just a little negative Nancy when it comes to that. I like the fret size on this a lot too, they say they're medium but I'm pretty sure they're jumbo. The inlays are nice too, but like he said in the video, can't really see them, haha. Judging from the video, boost the bass on the eq and then boost the mids on your amp and you could get an epic tone from it.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
Quote by gilly_90
IMO it's overpriced for what it is, is pretty neck-heavy and the tone is nothing s[ecial. It's not a bad bass, but one you'd get for the looks and the image rather than it being the best sounding or feeling bass.

+1

I've never been impressed with the Iceman bass's. It's not bad, but there's nothing particularly special about it other then the shape. Overall, I'd say a "meh" bass that costs more then its worth.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
+1

I've never been impressed with the Iceman bass's. It's not bad, but there's nothing particularly special about it other then the shape. Overall, I'd say a "meh" bass that costs more then its worth.

Hahaha, the one I played was $300. xD
It was on sale because they had so many in stock.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
I am a major Ibanez fan girl and I think the Icemen series are overrated. Heavy, unbalanced and gimicky come to mind immediately.
I've never played one so I can't comment on the feel, but I have heard one and the sound was ok. It wasn't bad, but I wasn't impressed either. I think in their price range you could do better, maybe much better.

P.S. I will say that I love the body shape, even if it is a neck heavy bass.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
That guy does not sound like he knows what he's talking about at all. Don't trust the review, look somewhere else. Look at the reviews section or on harmoney central if there isnt one.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
I was saying, for $300 (since it was on sale), I like it better than my current bass. xP
Obviously for the price you can get something better, but since you always hear people talking about the BAD things, I decided to give the GOOD things.
Anyway, different strokes for different folks.
Can't really say anyone is wrong when it comes to their likings of basses.
So try it out and if you don't like it, look for something else.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Last edited by Nolanrox at Jul 28, 2010,
I dont know if the model I have is the Iceman 300 or not. My bass has a tobacco burst finish, neck vol bridge vol and a tone knob. I like the sound I guess, but I find I am holding the neck up as i play. Its super long uncomfortable to sit with. And I'm looking to get rid of it, so if anyone wants a trade Im in Canada and looking for a fender bass