Hey, my friend has a Jackson guitar and it has a licensed floyd in it. The bridge keeps popping up and will NOT stay level. Even with 3 springs and the claw screwed in 100% it still pops up with use! any suggestions with leveling this thing? It's floating FYI. If you want more info please ask.
What guage strings? I'm gonna guess .11's or larger.

If he is still having trouble he can add a fourth spring to the back of the floyd.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
^^ That

The floyd should be able to handle up to 5 springs...with heavier gauge strings he'll have to add more springs.

Along with that the picking forearm will start getting some muscle on it because it gets tougher to use the bar.
Quote by srob7001
What guage strings? I'm gonna guess .11's or larger.

If he is still having trouble he can add a fourth spring to the back of the floyd.

Yep definetly need more springs.
My equipment:
Jackson JS30RR FR (w/ SD AHB-1 in bridge)
Peavey Ultra 112
Digitech RP350
Dunlop KH95 Crybaby
Ibanez XPT700
ISP Decimator
just add another spring or drop to a lower gauge spring.

am i the only one who finds it very odd that people dont understand the simple physics around a floyd rose just by looking at it? i guess its just because the worst problem ive ever had was the finish wearing off..

i mean seriously, if its leveled by two forces pulling on it, and you want it to move one direction, loosen the side opposing which way you want it to go. simple.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148

am i the only one who finds it very odd that people dont understand the simple physics around a floyd rose just by looking at it? i guess its just because the worst problem ive ever had was the finish wearing off..

i mean seriously, if its leveled by two forces pulling on it, and you want it to move one direction, loosen the side opposing which way you want it to go. simple.

I totally am there with you.

You need equal tensions(spring vs. string) to keep that bad boy level.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
strings are actually 10's, which threw me off, since I normally use 10's and I am the one that gave it to him, and now I remember I had 9's on there haha duh! THANKS guys!
If he is using .10's he needs to take those strings off, put on new ones and re adjust the springs in the back.

He has WAY too much string tension, which is pulling the bridge up. Basically the strings are wound on the tunning peg way more than they needed to be.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by conor1148

haha, you're totally not the only one.. First time I got my hands on adjusting a FR guitar I thought "what's with all the fuss... -.-"
^ yeah. Just redo the whole thing from scratch. Unscrew the springs a lot, and then put strings on and go from there, should be fine. There's no way you need more than 3 springs for 10's.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by conor1148

/me joins choir.
Quote by conor1148

am i the only one who finds it very odd that people dont understand the simple physics around a floyd rose just by looking at it? .

always my thoughts when I see these threads
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by Rautio
haha, you're totally not the only one.. First time I got my hands on adjusting a FR guitar I thought "what's with all the fuss... -.-"

exactly, i mean if you know the proper ways to set up, you can get even the worst trems (i do alot of setups on Edge IIIs for friends) working fairly well.

i think if people understood string stretching and a tiny pit of physics there would never be another thread on this topic.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson