Hello everyone, as you already prolly know, I'm looking for a new amp, and I found the Fender Hot Rod De Ville 60 Watt( and thats why i'm posting yet another annoying thread about this). I was originally gonna get the Jet City 20watt but when I saw that this had 60 watts, and is all-tube for under $1000, I thot maybe I should think about getting this instead. So if anyone could share any experience or recommendations with me, it would be very much appreciated, thank you.

oh and, sorry about posting so many threads about different amps, I could imagine that this is getting annoying, but i'm only trying to make the best purchase I can.

Jay Turser: JT-134DC
Epiphone: G-400
Gibson: SG Special Faded Cherry

Line 6: Spider III 15-watt
Marshall Haze 40

DOD FX65 Chorus
Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ
EH4800 Small Stone Phase Shifter
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
Deltalab Tube Overdrive TO1
Both of those amps sound completly different.

The Fender has really nice cleans, bright, glassy, Fendery, and good. But the gain on it sucks bad, unless you want to play VERY lightly distorted blues. Turn the gain up further than that and it just sounds terrible.. It's also extrememly loud.

The Jet City has very very nice gain for some modern rock tones, people say that it needs a boost for metal, but depending on what type of metal you're looking for, you could probably play it without a boost. I don't know anything about the cleans, but a few people on here have said that they're good. It'll be PLENTY loud enough to gig with, unless you need lots of clean headroom.

More watts dosn't mean it's a better amp.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
depends on what you want from an amp, what styles do you play?
really comes down to style, as the previous two posts have said. I'll vouch for the fender for cleans, but the distortion is a bit lacking on most fender amps. they also take pedals well, so it kinda makes up.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by dweb23
depends on what you want from an amp, what styles do you play?

I play mostly classic/hard rock, punk rock, and a little metal.

Marshall Haze 40

DOD FX65 Chorus
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
Go with the Jet City then.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
bump

Marshall Haze 40

DOD FX65 Chorus
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
i was never a fan any of the fender devilles. the earlier american ones sounded better, and seemed to have better parts but didn't include a bias adjustment. the mexican ones seem very cheaped out on and have the annoying linear taper pot for the volume knob which pretty much peaks the amps volume at 3 or so (and that is on a 12 point scale!).

the amps do sound quite a bit better with a tube job. throw a gold tipped 12ax7 in the V1, as 12at7 in the V2 and a 12ax7 in V3/PI slot. upgrade the 6L6GC's to something more tolerable than those GT's and you have a better amplifier in general.

i recommend getting the bias kit for the american version or switching out he linear taper pot with a volume (log) taper pot for a more controllable mexican version.

reverb is pretty nice on it.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae