If I change the strings from 8 guage to 10 will I need to do anything special to prevent the neck from warping?

Thanks..
From warping? Nah.

But you'll have to adjust the neck bow, string height and intonation, most likely and in that order. There's a stickied setup thread over in EG, btw.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Jul 27, 2010,
Have a truss rod? If yes, you're all set, but don't try adjusting it if you don't know that much. There's good setup threads on this forum.
Quote by Knurlheim
Have a truss rod? If yes, you're all set, but don't try adjusting it if you don't know that much. There's good setup threads on this forum.

Alright thanks guys I'll check the threads.
Where did you find 8 gauge strings anyways? 9 or 10 is more standard. You shouldn't have any problem with the neck warping though, strings will break before you get anywhere near that much tension on the neck.
I went from stock 9's to 11's on my V-50. No problem. In fact, I've never had a problem with the truss rod on any of my guitars. I seriously thing neck warpage and bow are seriously over dramatized and worried about problems.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I went from stock 9's to 11's on my V-50. No problem. In fact, I've never had a problem with the truss rod on any of my guitars. I seriously thing neck warpage and bow are seriously over dramatized and worried about problems.

There are more things that causes warping, like humidity etc.
Quote by TheQuailman
From warping? Nah.

But you'll have to adjust the neck bow, string height and intonation, most likely and in that order. There's a stickied setup thread over in EG, btw.

sry to be off topic..

YOUR SIG, WHY DID YOU SIG THAT

OMFG IM SCARED FOR LIFE

ts: Some minor adjustments would be needed, which you can make yourself if you have the right tools.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Quote by Danjo's Guitar
Where did you find 8 gauge strings anyways? 9 or 10 is more standard.

8 gauge isn't that hard to find (on the internet). I've used 8s on my Strat before (EB Extra Slinky - 8-38)