Hey everybody, So I'm a complete vocal amplification NOOB, and I'm looking to add some vocals to me and my bands rehearsals. Problem is I have no idea of any of the equipment I would need to do this. I really can't sing much so I need to make a distorted vocal effect (nothing brutal, think The Black Keys, some White Stripes) sort of "overloaded" mic effect.

No budget in mind but money is kind of a factor, so cheaper the better, doesn't have to be real loud just enough to get heard over my Blues Jr.

Any help or suggestions are greatly welcomed,

Thanks

(not 100% sure this is the right forum)
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Silvertone 1448L
TC Electronic Polytune
Fender Blues Jr.
More in profile...
ahh you need a P.A system my friend. also if you have a spare bass or acoustic guitar amplifier they work pretty well for vocals too. just plug a mic into it and EQ it right. i have used a solid state guitar amp before to but they start feedbacking at a low volume.
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Cool, I have a Fender Frontman amp lying around. What kind of mic should I go for?
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Silvertone 1448L
TC Electronic Polytune
Fender Blues Jr.
More in profile...
any dynamic one will do. i would get one with an XLR output and then get an XLR to 1/4 inch cable adapter so you can use it on other vocal equipment later.
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Get yourself a proper setup, don't **** with running vocal mics through instrument amps. Trust me on this... you want something real. You can add distortion later.

It may be easier for you to get a powered speaker. Carvin sells a 350w continous power cab (LM12A) with an XLR in and 3 band EQ built in, and that's a great place to start. You can add more and daisy chain them later for a bigger system, add a mixer later, etc. Should run you about $400 after shipping. Can be used as a wedge or pole mounted speaker. If you don't want to mess with Carvin, you can take a gamble on the cheaper Behringer, which gets a lot of shit from the pro audio community but a lot of praise from bands with tight budgets -- about $300 or so. If you want something very reputable, up the ante to $500 and you can get the Mackie SRM450v2. About the same thing.
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Hey guys, I too am looking at getting a PA system. Australian with a top budget of around $1200 for metal growls/screams and harsher style singing. The local music shop can offer a few various SoundArt systems, I'm not too sure on what brand I should go for, but the set up I'm looking at is a 400w powered mixer with two 2 cabinets, mics and all necessary leads included for $1000. Or should I get a slightly cheaper set up so I can get a better mic... And could someone educate me on vocal effects? Thank you, sorry if this is annoying