Hey UG so I have a webcam that I want to video record with and use for my own personal recordings.

What software can I use that will help me capture and edit my recording?

Thanks.
Movie Maker (Not reccomended)
Vegas
Adobe Premiere Pro
Nero
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
Quote by kcorkcar
Movie Maker (Not reccomended)
Vegas
Adobe Premiere Pro
Nero

Vegas vs. Nero which would you recommend
I have only used nero out of your choices,
But i would go with Vegas. Lots of people use that more than nero.
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
If you want to edit the recorded footage, look into Premiere Elements.

Premiere Pro is nice but way too expensive for most starting out. Elements is much lower in price and does quite a bit. I'm not sure if it allows you to capture over USB though so you may want to look into that before buying or use the 30 day trial on your system.

Also look into the Sony line of video editing programs. Once again, they have the high end Vegas Pro 9 but also lower end starting packs which do a lot of great things as well.

I'm not sure about Movie Maker. If you're on W7, download it and install/try it out.
http://explore.live.com/windows-live-movie-maker

I've heard it works much better than the older XP and Vista versions but I still think it's quite limiting compared to the other paid for programs.
Last edited by moody07747 at Jul 28, 2010,