Page 1 of 5
TaKING BaCK SUNDaY!
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Early Green Day, early Sum 41 or early Good Charlotte. Basically find a well-known band and listen to their earlier stuff because they always overload their first album so much that they are noticed but after that they don't have much good material left.
Quote by JordanRowe94
early Good Charlotte.

Wow...

But I'm gonna say The Ergs! or Screeching Weasel.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by zchavez09
blink 182. anyone who says anything different is wrong.

Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
All Time Low FTW!
Quote by GibsonSGPlayer
sometimes when i take a REALLY big crap, a little bit of jizz cums out of my d!ck....
honestly, is that normal??

blink, saves the day, nfg
edit: std's first 3 albums.
"If the good die young, we'll fucking live forever"

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital Warts > What Separates Me From You

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital warts, what separates me from you
I know it's all subjective, so when you say something is definitively correct when you know so little of what you speak of, I'm sorry dude, but it's really hard to take you seriously.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by JordanRowe94
Early Green Day, early Sum 41 or early Good Charlotte. Basically find a well-known band and listen to their earlier stuff because they always overload their first album so much that they are noticed but after that they don't have much good material left.

Hnnnnnnnng my poor head...

First of all, Good Charlotte? LOLFUCKOFF.

And you do realise that bands don't write all the material they will ever release before their first album comes out? So no, no they do not put "overload their first album so much that they have no good material left". That's a ridiculous thing to say.

What actually happens in situations like that, is that the band changes their sound and the people that loved their old stuff don't like the new stuff because it's different. That's happened to all the 3 bands you mentioned, and many others.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by JordanRowe94

I've always been a fan of Good Charlotte but I don't consider them the best at anything really

Bands go through phases like every person in life. Sometimes trying something different is the best way for them to establish themselves as people and what type of music they truly want to play. In my opinion every album any band releases isn't going to sound exactly like their others ( well unless you are Bring Me the Horizon or Iwrestledabearonce what a joke) and each album will either attract or lose fans.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Quote by offthewall91
I've always been a fan of Good Charlotte but I don't consider them the best at anything really

Bands go through phases like every person in life. Sometimes trying something different is the best way for them to establish themselves as people and what type of music they truly want to play. In my opinion every album any band releases isn't going to sound exactly like their others ( well unless you are Bring Me the Horizon or Iwrestledabearonce what a joke) and each album will either attract or lose fans.

This. They're alright...I mean, I liked them when their first 2 albums came out when I was a kid. But they're just not at that level...

But all of Bring Me The Horizon's releases sound totally different, just saying

iwabo I'll give you though, they haven't exactly developed....they're hilarious live though.
Quote by asator
This. They're alright...I mean, I liked them when their first 2 albums came out when I was a kid. But they're just not at that level...

But all of Bring Me The Horizon's releases sound totally different, just saying

iwabo I'll give you though, they haven't exactly developed....they're hilarious live though.

Maybe BMTH sounds the same to me because I just can't stand Oliver Sykes...or what ever the hell his name is...voice. Just listening to him sing makes me want to bang my head into a wall. Iwabo has the same effect on me.
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

Quote by offthewall91
Maybe BMTH sounds the same to me because I just can't stand Oliver Sykes...or what ever the hell his name is...voice. Just listening to him sing makes me want to bang my head into a wall. Iwabo has the same effect on me.

He's an alright vocalist when he does stuff that suits his voice. But since he's started doing more shouty vocals.....ehhh I don't like it. Most people don't like him more on the basis that he's..you know....a twat.

And the fact that iwabo's vocalist is a girl does make the vocals a bit more impressive Rolo Tomassi do it better though.

EDIT: For the record, I don't particularly like BMTH. They're alright...I will say that they get way more abuse than they deseve though.
Last edited by asator at Aug 5, 2010,
Quote by asator
He's an alright vocalist when he does stuff that suits his voice. But since he's started doing more shouty vocals.....ehhh I don't like it. Most people don't like him more on the basis that he's..you know....a twat.

And the fact that iwabo's vocalist is a girl does make the vocals a bit more impressive Rolo Tomassi do it better though.

EDIT: For the record, I don't particularly like BMTH. They're alright...I will say that they get way more abuse than they deseve though.

He always sounded like a pre-pubescent girl on a playground screaming to me. I've tried several times to give his voice a chance but I come to find the more I listen to it the more I don't like it.

Yeah the fact that Iwabo vocalist is a girl is the only slightly impressive thing about them IMO I did think she was a guy for the longest time though.
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

Quote by offthewall91
He always sounded like a pre-pubescent girl on a playground screaming to me. I've tried several times to give his voice a chance but I come to find the more I listen to it the more I don't like it.

Yeah the fact that Iwabo vocalist is a girl is the only slightly impressive thing about them IMO I did think she was a guy for the longest time though.

Ehhh iwabo make me laugh, and I like her clean vocals. That's about it. When I saw them she did the whole set in a Furby costume
Quote by asator
Ehhh iwabo make me laugh, and I like her clean vocals. That's about it. When I saw them she did the whole set in a Furby costume

She does clean vocals!? I did not know this. Everything I have heard by them she's always screaming. A Furby costume? wow.
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

Quote by offthewall91
She does clean vocals!? I did not know this. Everything I have heard by them she's always screaming. A Furby costume? wow.

Haha there are long ambient bits in the middle of some songs where she does clean vocals. Most people never get that far in since the rest of their music is so abrasive, I guess They aren't catchy vocals or anything, just like...atmospheric?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfzj8ybtPIQ

Most obvious cleans I can think of haha

EDIT: This is all getting a bit off topic. I'm gonna go ahead and suggest iwrestledabearonce for the best pop punk band
Last edited by asator at Aug 5, 2010,
Quote by asator
Haha there are long ambient bits in the middle of some songs where she does clean vocals. Most people never get that far in since the rest of their music is so abrasive, I guess They aren't catchy vocals or anything, just like...atmospheric?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfzj8ybtPIQ

Most obvious cleans I can think of haha

Ehh...she sounds a tad bit better but not much.

EDIT: This is all getting a bit off topic. I'm gonna go ahead and suggest iwrestledabearonce for the worst pop punk band

I fixed it.

But for realz now. Best Pop-Punk band(s) IMO are paramore, New Found Glory, Sum 41 and Jimmy Eat World.
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

Last edited by offthewall91 at Aug 5, 2010,
Quote by asator
I like how you kept "pop punk" in

Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

Bring me the horizon is one of two bands which geniunly just make me annoyed and angry when i hear them.

The other one is Insane clown posse.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Last edited by TMF128 at Aug 5, 2010,
Quote by StonaLemons
Bring me the horizon is one of two bands which geniunly just make me annoyed and angry when i hear them.

The other one is Insane clown posse.

Oh come on, they're definitely not as bad as ICP. Besides, BMTH sound a lot like a bunch of other bands, its more their reputation you hate, most likely
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by asator
Oh come on, they're definitely not as bad as ICP. Besides, BMTH sound a lot like a bunch of other bands, its more their reputation you hate, most likely

Well its a mix of the various things ive heard about them (drunkenly admitting 'people only like us for our hair' and the bottle incident such), the fact that his voice sounds like hes constantly getting raped in all orafices and the instrumentation is just... repetitive and boring. I saw 5 minutes of them live at a festival once and all i could hear was the bass drum and some sort of guitar chugging out dropped palm muted power chords, maybe the fault of the festival setting but they were headlining and had plenty of time to soundcheck.

I could go on. You see im starting to get annoyed just talking about them.
Quote by StonaLemons
Well its a mix of the various things ive heard about them (drunkenly admitting 'people only like us for our hair' and the bottle incident such), the fact that his voice sounds like hes constantly getting raped in all orafices and the instrumentation is just... repetitive and boring.

You spend most of your time in a pop-punk forum and you preach about repetitive instrumentation?
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
You spend most of your time in a pop-punk forum and you preach about repetitive instrumentation?

Fine fine fine. Repetitive, unmelodic, with no sense of any real musical elemnt repetition! Lets not deviate from the point here. Which is ollie sykes (sp?) needs a good kicking.

edit: Not to mention from my point of view the band has no lyrics, since that would involve listening to ollies voice, which i just cant do.
Last edited by StonaLemons at Aug 5, 2010,
I won't disagree with that.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Page 1 of 5